Fast 4ward (Ride)24v electric bike problem

frankhodge75

Just Joined
Sep 27, 2020
my battery charges to 100% .When I use the bike using the throttle with or without pedal-assist the bike keeps stopping after 100 metres or 50 metres and the only way to start again is to turn the battery on again and this keeps happening over a distance of 2 miles and is so frustrating desperate for help, please

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Even worn knackered cells that have lost capacity can still accept 100% charge.
Your description of events is exactly how such a battery would react.
What ah or wh is the battery ?
How long does it take to charge from empty ?
Typically a battery charged with a 2a charger will take approx. half of the ah rating in hours to charge so a 10ah battery would take about 5 hrs to fully charge, a 13ah 6.5hrs etc,etc.

frankhodge75

Just Joined
Sep 27, 2020
if I have gone 3 miles and it has cut out a lot of times the battery still has 75% charge left in it. Where would the best place to obtain a new battery and approx is the price Many Thanks Frank

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
if I have gone 3 miles and it has cut out a lot of times the battery still has 75% charge left in it. Where would the best place to obtain a new battery and approx is the price Many Thanks Frank
Details / pictures of your existing battery might help source a replacement

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One can likely buy a generic battery to use, a pic will give us more of an idea of the battery you have.
If it is the folding bike then the battery looks to be a small bespoke type one that can be re -celled or if a non folding bike looks like a Silver fish battery will fit.
If the latter about £160 to replace, we really need to see pics.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes the battery is knackered, the old cells if 18650 type can be removed carefully and re- utilised in a torch that uses them.