FENETIC SPRINT EBIKE

cardsharp1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2019
hi i have a fenetic sprint ebike and the motor controller has packed in does anyone know where i can get one from ive searched high and low lol
ive added some photos

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It is highly likely your controller base and the one I linked are the same fitting, vfr may have better knowledge as I have never had one to see. If the case is it is the same then a lcd3 will be a perfect match, all you need to know is if your controller motor is sq wave or sine wave.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

cardsharp1

Aug 18, 2019
also neath which connetor will i need on the kt-lcd 3 photo below top or bottom
many thanks

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
PAS is pedal assist, it is a combination of a magnet disc and sensor head normally attached to the drive side of the Bottom bracket (behind the chain wheel/s) sometimes they are fitted on the non drive side.
With the KT pairing one can add a throttle if needed (there is a spare connection for it) in the settings one can also set the throttle to be legal in use, the setting allows pedal first (1/4 rotation) to activate the throttle use. A stand alone throttle from the get go without pedalling isn't allowed, though doubt anyone will be prosecuted for it.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Your current 800 display is only 100% compatible with a Lishui controller brand, it might work with the KT controller and it may not (likely some programming will differ)
Controller and displays are digital and have two way comm's between each other, items not compatible may partially work but it is best to buy paired items or items from the same brand.
Unlike Bosch, Yamaha etc that only work with battery, motor and display (using more sophisticated CANbus) Lishui,KT and the like can use any battery and other peripheral item such as PAS, throttle, speed sensor etc,etc, if the wire sequence is correct.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
also neath which connetor will i need on the kt-lcd 3 photo below top or bottom
many thanks
The link to the S06p uses a normal flat connector as in the Red pic/bottom pic.
One should have simply ordered the lcd3 at the same time from the drop down box.

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The listing from BMSBattery has a tick box for the LCD3. If you select that, you'll get a matched one, and it'll be cheaper than buying one separately from somewhere else.

cardsharp1

Aug 18, 2019
hi neath my controller arrived today could you help me with the wires some im not sure about ive added photos
photo 1 controller
photo 2 wires from motor
photo 3 brake wires
photo 4 censor behind the crank
i also have a thumb throttle any idea which wires i use on the controller

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pic #1 controller.
The battery, V+ = Red, V- = Black.
Phase, Yellow ,Blue & Green.
Display 5 pin White one.
Brakes: Both a two & three wire option supplied.
Red/5v, Black/Gnd & Yellow/Sig and Black/Gnd & Yellow/Sig respectively.
Speed sensor = Red/5v, White/Sig & Black/Gnd.
Throttle = Red/5v, Black/Gnd & Green/Sig.
PAS = Black/Gnd, Yellow/Sig & Brown/5v.
Speed limit wire = Blue. Connected limited.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pic #2.
Three single colours are phase mate with same colour from controller.
Other wire is speed sensor again match colour to colour from same colour controller wire connector.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pic #3.
I can make out three wires on the bikes brake sensors. Black/Gnd, Blue/Sig & other Black (likely has another colour stripe unseen to donate 5v) please confirm . Connect to the three wire brake.
If you want to use the second brake sensor simply omit the 5v connection to the two wire connection.
Some connector or wire joining is needed,

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pic #4 is PAS.
Pins need changing to match colours.
Red to Brown.
Blue to Yellow.
Black to Black.