Fiido D1 controller configuration/WK3615MS controller information.

black-smoothie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 21, 2019
I have a Fiido D1. In line with UK/EU law, it is limited to 15mph (25kph). I managed to find some information somewhere on the internet that suggested doing one of the following things would remove this maximum speed limit (sorry I can't give credit to the appropriate source for this information):

1) Hold the brakes on. Turn the power on. Wait 5 seconds. Release the brakes. Power off.

2) Hold the throttle on maximum. Turn the power on. Wait 5 seconds. Release the throttle. Power off.

I can't remember which, but one of these worked for me, and now according to the GPS on my phone, the Fiido D1 can travel at 19mph on self power alone.

Whilst doing this, I noticed that the small battery icon on the bottom of the LCD flashed a certain number of times:
Twice if I held the brake and powered on, and 10 times if I held the throttle and powered on. In wondered if there where any other combinations of inputs that might change things. I tried a few. It seems that:
- Left brake is the same as right brake is the same as both brakes held on = 2 flashes.
- Throttle on full with left, right or both brakes = 10 flashes.

I know that one of the combinations removes the maximum speed limitation. My initial questions are:
A) Does anyone know what the other one does?
B) Does anyone know if there are any other combinations of inputs that will change anything else?
C) Does anyone have a user/programming manual for the controller? [Mine is a WK3615MS dated 03/2019 - internet searches for this model number have so far drawn a blank].

black-smoothie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 21, 2019
A bit of Fiido D1 battery information...

I took mine out. It has a sticker on that says all of the following:

FarNess
Shenzhen Huaruillin Technology Co Ltd
Lithium-ion Battery
Battery Model: 18650-10S4P
Capacity: 10.4Ah/374.4Wh
Standard Voltage: 36V
Cell: 18650-2600mAh

skes

Just Joined
Sep 12, 2019
I still need to check this but I think I've the same bike. I also see the battery flashes when I try to remove the speed limit. I don't know if it worked as it doesn't seem to reach 31km/h/ 19Mph but around 28km/h (measured with the speedometer app.

fronimitis

Just Joined
Aug 25, 2020
I can't remember which, but one of these worked for me, and now according to the GPS on my phone, the Fiido D1 can travel at 19mph on self power alone
I have the Fiido D2s, with the same controller (WK3615MS) and no combination works for me, I wonder how it worked for you.
From what I read at other sites, others have failed too, and probably the controller is hardware locked at 25km/h.

Advertisers