Help! Fiido D2 wiring diagram

paulratters

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 5, 2019
Hi All,

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a Fiido D2. I have naively disconnected thinking it would be colour coded when taking off the back wheel!

I have attached the controller if anyone know anything please let me know.

Thanks

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The three motor phase wires and the white block with the motor hall sensor wires are easy, then you have yellow and black for the brakes. The rest is unconventional and similar to one I'm working on right now. Mine doesn't have quite so many connectors and it was really tricky to work out because the colours are different on each side of the connectors. I had to open my controller to see where the wires went to figure out what they were for. Tthe ones you need to identify are the one that the main switch switches on and the throttle and pedal sensor signal wires. You'll have to show photos of the inside of your controller on both sides for me to help you with that. You can measure all the rest with a voltmeter once you have the controller powered and the main switch connected and switched on.

I'm pretty sure that the 4 way with double orange plus green and white that splits to the 3 way green white and black is for the lights and horn because mine has the same arrangement but different colours. The 4 way goes to the switch and the three way to the lights or something. i didn't look but I can find out tomorrow.

You can start by following the cables from their source. there will be one from the throttle unit, one from the horn and light switch and two from the brakes. After that, i don't know what you have on that bike, s you need to tell us what other cables there are. Don't worry about the motor and battery cables because they're obvious.

paulratters

Sep 5, 2019
Hi Vrf400,

Thanks for the info!

I have to cable up:

Two breaks - yellow black
Light on/off + horn + 3 way mode switch
Usb charger port
PAS
Key on/of + throttle

I think that's it. I'll take a pic tomorrow of the inside.

Thanks again

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
A pic of the outside might help to identify the controller if there's any wording on the case.

Reactions: wcforonda

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I've found a great many web pages online that show that particular controller, places you can buy it etc. but none of them show what connections go where.
The only other thing you can do is as vfr said open the case up and we can see what wires run to what.

paulratters

Sep 5, 2019
I've found a great many web pages online that show that particular controller, places you can buy it etc. but none of them show what connections go where.
The only other thing you can do is as vfr said open the case up and we can see what wires run to what.
Thanks a lot Ross, I'll do this shortly

paulratters

Sep 5, 2019
Thanks for all the help so far with this, by some miracle I have found a webpage which shows the wiring and have managed this. However, the motor is not working now and I have a flashing battery sign on the LCD?

I did manage to make a big spark when I plugged in early but I think that nothing was plugged into the controller? Have I killed my bike?

Attachments

Sieth

Just Joined
Nov 17, 2019
Just opened up my bike too.
My battery icon was blinking 10 times. Motor didn't work.
Found the problem:
In the throttle handle, there is a little sensor. I thought it was a transistor but it was a sensor. This sensor was shifted and not in place. This sensor detects that metal peace when throttling. So it sends a signal to the controller.

Greetings

Attachments

Reactions: Dapor

Brocky19

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2019
Just opened up my bike too.
My battery icon was blinking 10 times. Motor didn't work.
Found the problem:
In the throttle handle, there is a little sensor. I thought it was a transistor but it was a sensor. This sensor was shifted and not in place. This sensor detects that metal peace when throttling. So it sends a signal to the controller.

Greetings
I have same problem my bike I taken throttle apart and was all tite fitted inside pedal assist works fine but when I try my throttle no response sometimes when I’m in throttle mode it try’s to take off on its own I have taken all wires off and looked at them gone threw this diagram still no help to my bike my bike is blinking ten times and did exactly what u said but was fine inside as said could it be my controller thanks

Brocky19

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2019
Thanks for all the help so far with this, by some miracle I have found a webpage which shows the wiring and have managed this. However, the motor is not working now and I have a flashing battery sign on the LCD?

I did manage to make a big spark when I plugged in early but I think that nothing was plugged into the controller? Have I killed my bike?
Hi did you fix this problem

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You will need to continuity check the throttle wiring for an intermittent break in it with a multimeter that has a beep function. One of the wires will probably be giving an intermittent contact causing the bike to take off or simply replace the throttle with a new one.
Sometimes you can run your fingers lightly along the throttle wiring and can feel a lump in the wiring where an issue may occur.

I once had a throttle cause the same issue and found the signal wire had a break causing the problem, once solder together and insulated problem was solved.

Advertisers