Fiido d2s burnt controller

Steve32

Just Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Hello to everyone,
I have a fiido d2s and while trying to fix a throttle problem i accidentally plugged the battery upside down resulting in burning the controller. So i ordered a new controller, plugged everything back in correctly and now the display won't turn on. Is it possible that i also burnt the display unit as well or the new controller i ordered is not compatible with the old display?
Below i have attached two pictures of the old and new controllers and a picture of the display unit48315. They seem identical to me .4831348314

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
If you bought the replacement controller from Fiido, it should work. As you say, you may have fried the display too.

Always best to discuss these things with Fiido support first before ordering spare parts. They're very helpful and likely will know what's been fried and what you'll need to replace.

Reactions: Steve32

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I suspect that you have blown the battery discharge fuse with the crossed polarity, one can confirm this by measuring the battery voltage at the discharge side. If a blown fuse one won't get a voltage reading.
In the rare case that no discharge fuse is used then likely the BMS has suffered damage inside the battery.

Highly unlikely the control panel is damaged as the first thing to blow is the main capacitor in the controller on the input side.

Reactions: Steve32