Fiido D4 or D4s

Leccy123

Just Joined
Jun 15, 2022
I’ve noticed that some Fiido bikes are labelled, on the sticker on the actual bike, D4 or D4s. The only thing I can see different is a USB out plug under the display on the D4s. Is this the only difference? Thanks.

Last edited:

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
Check how many gears they have.

I looked at Fido 2 years ago, the xxS had gears, no S was the single speed model. Let us know :D

Leccy123

Just Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Thanks for the reply. I’ve seen both versions with gears. Can’t believe the only difference (apparently), is a USB port though. A lot of photos online of the bike show ‘D4’ on the frame although advertising it as ‘D4S’. The downloadable manual on the Fiido website shows a USB port.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
As Scorpio says, the "S" is used to identify models with gears, such as D2 or D2S. AFAICS I don't think there has ever been a D4 without gears though, it's always been a D4S with gears.

Fiido changed the display on many of their bikes maybe a year ago now to include a USB port, but in the process they left off the Trip and Mileage counters. Lots complained and rumour is they'll be changing the display again soon. It depends which manual you look at as to how the display is shown (older or newer). If that matters to you, check which version is on the bike before buying.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Fiido changed the display on many of their bikes maybe a year ago now to include a USB port, but in the process they left off the Trip and Mileage counters. Lots complained and rumour is they'll be changing the display again soon. It depends which manual you look at as to how the display is shown (older or newer). If that matters to you, check which version is on the bike before buying.
There's no odometer? That'll make it easier to sell a knackered one. If I wanted to reset the odo on my bbs01b kit, I'd need to buy a brand new display - mileage deffo isn't stored within the controller.

Last edited: