Finally gone and done it but!!! Part two!!

Another newbie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 23, 2018
so we set off on are ownership journey, after buying the bikes and really enjoying the experience, we need to find pastures new to ride them, so tow bar fitted to Peugeot Boxer camper (how much£££!!) now we need a tow ball mounted carrier to transport them has to have he tilt facility to access the rear doors, been looking at the Atera Sport and the Thule, it seems like the best option is the three bike carrier to take the weight of electric bikes. All help and advice gratefully accepted. Thanks again.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Friends have Thule, expensive but you soon realise its money well spent when loading only takes a couple minutes. So easy to use.

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
If possible, you need to have a test run by putting the bikes on the rack(s).
There are a few ebike racks that accommodate the bike's weight, but do'n't have the spacing between the tyre channels, hence the chainstays catch the other bikes forks.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Thule here as well
well made kit and well designed
as said there not cheap but nor is your cargo

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
not cheap but nor is your cargo
Nor the life of anyone following behind. I have seen the carnage left behind on a French motorway, after a cheapo looking rack said farewell to the car that it had been attached to.

Even with my Thule rack, I always ensure that both the bike and rack are chained securely to the towbar. I'd sooner drag it than loose it.

• Agree
Reactions: Fat Rat

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
I have the Thule Europower carrier and my cycling pal has an Atera - both suitable for ebikes. Due to the spacing of the wheel channels (as mentioned by JPGiant) we can only carry both our bikes on the Thule carrier. My bike is an R & M Supercharger and his is a KTM EStreetP. When I had the same KTM bike the Atera carrier could accommodate both.

Jim

Another newbie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 23, 2018
Hi all, thanks for the replies, been offered a Thule velocompact 925. What's your views.