first conversion help needed

paul b

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2014
Hello guys this will be my first conversion and i am undecided what kit to use. I will be travelling 19 to 21 miles per day to work depending on route on/off road with varying elevation on steep/large hill or three smaller hills . I have been looking at a few options based around a 48 volt 20a/h batterie from ping my first choice is a bmc v3s rear wheel motor with 50 amp controller off ebay or a bafang 500watt ht motor with 40 volt controller from bms batteries or magic pie v3 kit ebay again i have also looked at crystallite europe 3000 series ht with 40 amp controller from crystallite europe .I want the kit to do 30 mph plus on large cycle track .Can anyone give me any advice apart from catch the bus as to what kit to buy and could anyone reccomend a kit thanks in advance

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
can you post a picture of the donor bike?
if you are going to put a 3kw powerplant on the bike, then you need a bike strong enough to host it.

D

Deleted member 4366

A 48v 20aH battery from Ping weighs 10kg. Are you sure that you want to put that on a bicycle? Where would you put it?

paul b

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2014
Hi i was going to make a battery box and attach to the frame this is my bike i hope it is strong enough it seems it

paul b

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2014
I will fit new forks and avid bb7 disc callipers i am going going use alloy checker plate and fold to the battery then drill and bolt to the frame

D

Deleted member 4366

the battery is approx 200 x 200 x 150mm. Make a box out of cardboard to see how it looks. It'll be a lot bigger than you think. I have a 36v 20aH ping battery, and that's difficult enough to fit. You should get hydraulic brakes for that weight.

paul b

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2014
Thanks dave good idea to make a template i will source a set of hydraulic brakes im still undecided on the kit but think i will go bmc