First e-bike ride.

Minty

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 23, 2020
Devon
Hi all. Just taken my Kathmandu for its first ride. First impressions are great. Found it harder work on the flats than I thought it would as I was cycling at 17 odd mph. Felt it as I am an unfit 17 stone 57 year old . Had two 11% hills on the route which the bike absolutely blitzed. Brakes obviously need bedding in as no great bite yet. Jumps gears on the bottom two gears which I presume would be an easy adjustment. Oh and bell not not supplied. All in all very impressed.

Sep 13, 2020
Hi all. Just taken my Kathmandu for its first ride. First impressions are great. Found it harder work on the flats than I thought it would as I was cycling at 17 odd mph. Felt it as I am an unfit 17 stone 57 year old . Had two 11% hills on the route which the bike absolutely blitzed. Brakes obviously need bedding in as no great bite yet. Jumps gears on the bottom two gears which I presume would be an easy adjustment. Oh and bell not not supplied. All in all very impressed.
Nice one.

It's the hills where you really notice the difference.

Some hills seem worse than others, even when the gradient seems similar. I always found one hill, not too far from me, to be an absolute bastard on a pushbike, but was very pleased to find the e bike took it with relative ease.

kevinvholloman

Just Joined
Aug 27, 2021
Chicago, Illinois
Despite some inconveniences, the e-bike is one of the most convenient human inventions, but the comfort of riding an e-bike is highly dependent on the charge level of its batteries, it is worth preparing for a very long trip. for taking breaks from time to time to recharge the batteries. It is advisable to calculate the cycle route so that there are access points to the power grid on the route of the e-bike.