First Post - Be Kind :-)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
TSDZ is torque sensored can come with a throttle as well.

Pugliese

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 10, 2019
Personally, if you are looking for something to handle hills and some off-road, I would not rule out an eMTB, rather than a hybrid - I started in the same direction but have no regrets with where I went. They tend to be much better at going up hills as they usually come with more torquey (?) motors...
Well since my initial post it has been days of research and flipping between the Haibike Trekking and an e-mtb. A decision had to be made!

Nefarious's comment above just reinforced my inner voice saying I would enjoy an e-mtb, but budget only led me to bikes I was not entirely happy with. However luck (and in depth searching) prevailed and I am now about to pick up a new Giant Dirt-E 2 Pro 2018 that I managed to secure for £1750 :)

I will do a review in the weeks to come

....one final question - obviously I will insure it, but what is the current thinking on the best security solution for locking up when out and about?

Reactions: Nefarious

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Well since my initial post it has been days of research and flipping between the Haibike Trekking and an e-mtb. A decision had to be made!

Nefarious's comment above just reinforced my inner voice saying I would enjoy an e-mtb, but budget only led me to bikes I was not entirely happy with. However luck (and in depth searching) prevailed and I am now about to pick up a new Giant Dirt-E 2 Pro 2018 that I managed to secure for £1750 :)

I will do a review in the weeks to come

....one final question - obviously I will insure it, but what is the current thinking on the best security solution for locking up when out and about?
A couple of decent locks or a mean looking Rotty.
Remove battery and take with you, dont' leave bike locked in same place for to long.