Flebi SL 9kg leccy folder, new?

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013
Just saw this bike, ' Flebi SL', Brompton-ish fold, claims to be only 9kg! ( Motor maybe only 120w, as per 'Standard' 10.5kg model €649)
Novel mag molded front wheel with drum/roller brake and a pancake motor in the fork, ring gear driving it via a pinion. Different.
Sites showing it all in Spanish.
Seeing a Flebike Supra too, bit bigger & conventional front hub motor, €949 inc tax. https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=loPz5QUFV2Y.
Cheers, Mike

Last edited:

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013
It looks like it may have only 1 gear and may have been weighed without the battery, pedals, etc, to get down to 9kg. The 'standard' model 'claims' 10.5kg. :)

D

Deleted member 4366

20140508_151813.jpg I have a similar one. It's 9kg. The only bad part is that the handlebars don't fold. You have to remove them from the steering head, which leaves them dangling. My one has the tiny Q85 type front hub-motor, which has plenty of torque to get me up steep hills, even without gears, but speed is only about 12 mph.

20140508_152147.jpg

This one is pretty good too if you don't mind looking like a clown:

20140508_151705.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mfj197

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
View attachment 10538 I have a similar one. It's 9kg. The only bad part is that the handlebars don't fold. You have to remove them from the steering head, which leaves them dangling. My one has the tiny Q85 type front hub-motor, which has plenty of torque to get me up steep hills, even without gears, but speed is only about 12 mph.

View attachment 10539

View attachment 10540
how much do the clown ones go for new? if its very affordable it appeals quite a lot in an ironic way

D

Deleted member 4366

You can have my one for £300. It has only done a few miles - not even 10. The 24v battery and controller sit in that bag, so pretty easy to upgrade if you wanted. It also has reasonable torque because of the very small wheels. It's quite a lot of fun to ride . Apart from looking a bit weird because it's very short, it's still enough to get you to the station and back, and is small and light enough to take on the train, but a little awkward to carry. It folds just like any folding bike, but is half the size.

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
You can have my one for £300. It has only done a few miles - not even 10. The 24v battery and controller sit in that bag, so pretty easy to upgrade if you wanted. It also has reasonable torque because of the very small wheels. It's quite a lot of fun to ride . Apart from looking a bit weird because it's very short, it's still enough to get you to the station and back, and is small and light enough to take on the train, but a little awkward to carry. It folds just like any folding bike, but is half the size.
i'm afraid im having a very, very squeezed month, so it's a no go for me, but it seems a very attractive offer and imi sure someone else here might jump at it. but it is intriguing - if you dont mind me asking - what is the cruising speed what teh gearing it has?

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm not sure-probably about 12 mph. It has single speed gearing. I have a video somewhere of my friend Steve riding it. I'll see if I can find it.

D

Deleted member 4366

Here it is. He's pedalling it without power. I took it to Redbridge last May and a few people tried it round the car park. They all liked it:

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
View attachment 10538 I have a similar one. It's 9kg. The only bad part is that the handlebars don't fold. You have to remove them from the steering head, which leaves them dangling. My one has the tiny Q85 type front hub-motor, which has plenty of torque to get me up steep hills, even without gears, but speed is only about 12 mph.

View attachment 10539

View attachment 10540
Do you have both of them?

Does it somehow fold a bit smaller than the brompton or not?

I've always been looking for a bike I'd be able to travel internationally with. However the brompton is still taking lots of space in a luggage. A mini-bike like this that could reach 20 mph (overvolting) and fit in a normal luggage bag would be perfect.

If it doesn't fold smaller than the brompton and runs at 12 mph max... wouldn't it be better to just get a brompton and pedal? 12 mph shouldn't be so hard to reach on a brompton

Otherwise, my current idea for international travel is to get a firewheel (solowheel alike):
http://tbot.kr/goods/view?no=20

It is tolerated on the sidewalk (apparently from users who tried it) and it is indeed 20% smaller than the brompton at 48x18x46cm

D

Deleted member 4366

Neither of them fold smaller than a Brompton. You'll be lucky to be able to take anything with a lithium battery on an aeroplane.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Neither of them fold smaller than a Brompton. You'll be lucky to be able to take anything with a lithium battery on an aeroplane.
But if it's inside the firewheel it should be ok right? Same as laptop batteries

D

Deleted member 4366

I don't think so. When Oxygen flew over their first MTB, the battery had to separately and was very expensive.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Dave you have a lot of interesting bikes!

I like looking like a clown on my Brompton especially when I pass the lycras on the cycle bridge :)

It seems so many have tried but nothing can touch the Brompton if you want a small portable folding bike. Mine will hit 16mph on the flat assisted (no pedaling) with a 260RPM Tongxin. Must admit though as I get older in this cold weather I just take the car :(

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Dave you have a lot of interesting bikes!

I like looking like a clown on my Brompton especially when I pass the lycras on the cycle bridge :)

It seems so many have tried but nothing can touch the Brompton if you want a small portable folding bike. Mine will hit 16mph on the flat assisted (no pedaling) with a 260RPM Tongxin. Must admit though as I get older in this cold weather I just take the car :(

Regards

Jerry
Did you see my post on this crank drive Jerry, I reckon it will fit the Brompton without effecting the fold.

http://dienatronic.imb2b.com/sell/index.php?itemid=38430

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Another thing you need a dam phone for.

Reactions: jerrysimon

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Did you see my post on this crank drive Jerry, I reckon it will fit the Brompton without effecting the fold.

http://dienatronic.imb2b.com/sell/index.php?itemid=38430
Thanks shemozzle999 interesting. I have not really done any more conversions for a while and have kinda settled on Tongxins for my conversions.

Lots of house and garden projects planned for the summer at the moment.

Crank drive I wonder ???

Noooooooooooooooooo

Jerry

Reactions: shemozzle999