Folders

bassace2006

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 15, 2011
Could I please ask owners of folding ebikes, which one do you ride and what do you think of it? Thank you in advance.

Scott clarke

Pedelecer
May 5, 2015
Could I please ask owners of folding ebikes, which one do you ride and what do you think of it? Thank you in advance.
My folder is the viking e-go branded as hopper shopper SE and it's great. Does everything you could want and now im adding a thumb throttle it's even better. Was going to sell it when I get my new bike but think I will hang onto it as a spare.

Reactions: bassace2006

bassace2006

Jan 15, 2011
My folder is the viking e-go branded as hopper shopper SE and it's great. Does everything you could want and now im adding a thumb throttle it's even better. Was going to sell it when I get my new bike but think I will hang onto it as a spare.
Thanks for that Scott, I appreciate it.

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Hello and welcome, my folder is the Cyclamatic foldaway and is just coming up to about 1000 miles on it, fitted a suspension seat post and dutch style bar which make it much more enjoyable to ride.
Handy to put into boot of car if going away or to check out a town or place.
I find also a end handle bar mirror a must have.
Bob.

bassace2006

Jan 15, 2011
Hello and welcome, my folder is the Cyclamatic foldaway and is just coming up to about 1000 miles on it, fitted a suspension seat post and dutch style bar which make it much more enjoyable to ride.
Handy to put into boot of car if going away or to check out a town or place.
I find also a end handle bar mirror a must have.
Bob.
Thank you OldBob1, much appreciated.

tapash

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
I recently tried Volt Metro and I liked it in terms of price, weight, components, battery, riding experience and 2 year warranty. So amongst so many choice I have just bought it yesterday. Hopefully receiving it soon...

All these time what I have learnt is, you get what you pay for!!!

Scott clarke

Pedelecer
May 5, 2015
I recently tried Volt Metro and I liked it in terms of price, weight, components, battery, riding experience and 2 year warranty. So amongst so many choice I have just bought it yesterday. Hopefully receiving it soon...

I thought you had bought a woosh and the folder was for your wife?

bassace2006

Jan 15, 2011

Thanks Tapash, I looked at the Volt Metro myself, but I'm on a very tight budget so I am trying to keep to less the £1000. But thanks for the comment, It is much appreciated.

Scott clarke

Pedelecer
May 5, 2015
Thanks Tapash, I looked at the Volt Metro myself, but I'm on a very tight budget so I am trying to keep to less the £1000. But thanks for the comment, It is much appreciated.
Tesco are doing the viking e-go / hopper shopper in various forms for less than £500 at the moment take a look on tesco direct and you will see what I mean.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
You cannot be surprised that I ride a Kudos Secret,despite testing loads of folders out in China,I still think the Secret is the best all round folder. The 2015 bike has some minor upgrades....better lights,easier fold,double height seatpost (a la Brompton),big chainring to reduce the cadence considering the 20" wheels.
The Secret carries my 18 stone very well up some very steep terrain and always gives 20 mile plus range,not expensive.
We have sold over 700 Secret bikes since Kudos started....if it aint broke dont fix it !!!!
KudosDave

bassace2006

Jan 15, 2011
You cannot be surprised that I ride a Kudos Secret,despite testing loads of folders out in China,I still think the Secret is the best all round folder. The 2015 bike has some minor upgrades....better lights,easier fold,double height seatpost (a la Brompton),big chainring to reduce the cadence considering the 20" wheels.
The Secret carries my 18 stone very well up some very steep terrain and always gives 20 mile plus range,not expensive.
We have sold over 700 Secret bikes since Kudos started....if it aint broke dont fix it !!!!
KudosDave
Cheers, Dave, it is in my 'for consideration' pile. The Versatile looks good to for that price, too. It's a shame it's sold out.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I don't own one but if I had to buy one, that'd be the woosh Gallego
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?gallego
That bike is about the only realistic one that you can think of taking with you on trains, a boat or a plane or even inside restaurants.

bassace2006

Jan 15, 2011
Tesco are doing the viking e-go / hopper shopper in various forms for less than £500 at the moment take a look on tesco direct and you will see what I mean.
Cheers Scott, I will check that out! :)
Yeah, I've just had a look on Tesco.com and they all look reasonable, the only problem is I cannot pedal all of the time so I would need a throttle for the motor to take over for a while and the 'Hopper Shoppers' are all Pedelec only. But it's good to see them being sold and promoted by a big retailer. It can only mean that ebikes are becoming 'mainstream'. :)

Reactions: Scott clarke

Scott clarke

Pedelecer
May 5, 2015
Yeah, I've just had a look on Tesco.com and they all look reasonable, the only problem is I cannot pedal all of the time so I would need a throttle for the motor to take over for a while and the 'Hopper Shoppers' are all Pedelec only. But it's good to see them being sold and promoted by a big retailer. It can only mean that ebikes are becoming 'mainstream'. :)
In the black box on the back of the bike under the battery is the controller and there is a vacant slot for a throttle I just fitted one to my hopper shopper. Just pluged straight in. Cost a tenner off ebay but we have members who have throttles for sale here in our group for that bike. Dead simple job to do.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
where is the battery?
is it in the front or rear wheel?

Reactions: bassace2006

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
My guess is the rear wheel, the lump there looks too big to be the motor.

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
In fact tesco does a single speed version for £350. Does anyone have direct experience of this,in terms of hill climbing,speed,battery life,between charges,is distance and overall in terms of cycles? Can it be made to toddle along at 20mph and doe really steep hills? And how bad are the brakes? Many thanks for feedback,its incredibly cheap

Scott clarke

Pedelecer
May 5, 2015
In fact tesco does a single speed version for £350. Does anyone have direct experience of this,in terms of hill climbing,speed,battery life,between charges,is distance and overall in terms of cycles? Can it be made to toddle along at 20mph and doe really steep hills? And how bad are the brakes? Many thanks for feedback,its incredibly cheap
Mine is the hopper shopper SE and I love mine and I live half way up a rather steep hill but the legal limit for any road going E-bike is 15.5mph as far as im aware. Brakes are not bad at all. I have no complaints about mine.