folding 250w small ebike 4200mah lcd computer wont turn on since last charged it.

Djusername

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2019
I got this computer on my folding ebike https://download.elecycles.com/manual/Display-Manual/LCD5-display.pdf got in yesterday was working ok charged it up and display won’t turn on now gutted.

Nothing seams loose. I did hit big pothole but was working ok hope nothing loose. I think it charging ok as charger light on and red them green. It wAs bit damp yesterday but riden wet lots times. Strange was fine got in had battery left now wont turn on. Maybe lcd faulty on,y done less 400 miles over 14month maybe bumps made something inside loose all can see all wires go into a hole back only way can see in is where folds half and prongs stick out has screws so assume u screws and has access battery.

Not sure what shops would have look at it? It unusable no electric. Anyone any ideAs what problem might be? I did leave it on charge way to long but have done a few times as forgot doubt it that.

Gutted as need it for my health as can’t walk far. Asked few bigger shops say not insured and only do certain ones expect halfords be same. Surely some people about can do tests. Cost 450 and not feeling good value now lol If it junk. Thank readings il add few picks it. It chargers up underneath pretty sure I covered up charge port tape as bung got lost. my mates lcd failed a bigger ebike so could be lcd no idea how change these though if the unit comes off at handle bar wire. Been impressed bike tbh alough got tatty though might manage 1000 miles least.

I from northampton incase anyone anyone know anywhere and go Luton also or nearby areas.

Attachments

Last edited:

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I got this computer on my folding ebike https://download.elecycles.com/manual/Display-Manual/LCD5-display.pdf got in yesterday was working ok charged it up and display won’t turn on now gutted.

Nothing seams loose. I did hit big pothole but was working ok hope nothing loose. I think it charging ok as charger light on and red them green. It wAs bit damp yesterday but riden wet lots times. Strange was fine got in had battery left now wont turn on. Maybe lcd faulty on,y done less 400 miles over 14month maybe bumps made something inside loose all can see all wires go into a hole back only way can see in is where folds half and prongs stick out has screws so assume u screws and has access battery.

Not sure what shops would have look at it? It unusable no electric. Anyone any ideAs what problem might be? I did leave it on charge way to long but have done a few times as forgot doubt it that.

Gutted as need it for my health as can’t walk far. Asked few bigger shops say not insured and only do certain ones expect halfords be same. Surely some people about can do tests. Cost 450 and not feeling good value now lol If it junk. Thank readings il add few picks it. It chargers up underneath pretty sure I covered up charge port tape as bung got lost. my mates lcd failed a bigger ebike so could be lcd no idea how change these though if the unit comes off at handle bar wire. Been impressed bike tbh alough got tatty though might manage 1000 miles least.

I from northampton incase anyone anyone know anywhere and go Luton also or nearby areas.
Hi and welcome

Could be a number of things. Only way to be sure is to test things in a logical order

You will need a multimeter. Do you have one? If not then buy or borrow.

First thing is to test the battery after it has been charged. It should read 42v or near to it

Reactions: Djusername

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If lcd doesn't switch in then power isn't getting thru from the battery, as K has said above the battery voltage needs checking as does the battery fuse. A blown fuse will prevent the lcd switching on.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The LCD works independently from everything else. All it needs to switch on is battery voltage. That means that your one must not have battery voltage.

The first thing to check is that the voltage is coming out of the battery. Fold your bike so that you can access the terminals, like in the last photo, then apply a voltmeter to the outer two slots. You need to det the meter to DC volts and a suitable scale (normally 200V).

If you have around 40V there, you can move on to the next place to check. Unscrew the panel in the frame on the opposite side of the battery (the side with pins on), then pull it off and drag the controller out of its den. It's a good idea to mark the top before unscrewing because you need to know which way up it goes. First check that the LCD's connector (normally flat black 5-pin) is properly connected. Next, check that the two battery wire connections are tight.

If all that's OK, plug the panel into the battery making sure that you do it the right way up. You then need to measure the voltage between the black and the red wires on it. That should also be around 40V.

One of those tests will show a fault. If you need help with fixing the fault let us know which test failed.

Djusername

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2019
The LCD works independently from everything else. All it needs to switch on is battery voltage. That means that your one must not have battery voltage.

The first thing to check is that the voltage is coming out of the battery. Fold your bike so that you can access the terminals, like in the last photo, then apply a voltmeter to the outer two slots. You need to det the meter to DC volts and a suitable scale (normally 200V).

If you have around 40V there, you can move on to the next place to check. Unscrew the panel in the frame on the opposite side of the battery (the side with pins on), then pull it off and drag the controller out of its den. It's a good idea to mark the top before unscrewing because you need to know which way up it goes. First check that the LCD's connector (normally flat black 5-pin) is properly connected. Next, check that the two battery wire connections are tight.

If all that's OK, plug the panel into the battery making sure that you do it the right way up. You then need to measure the voltage between the black and the red wires on it. That should also be around 40V.

One of those tests will show a fault. If you need help with fixing the fault let us know which test failed.
Thanks for replies All I think I’ll have get my dad try help he got electrical Things bit knowledge etc. Least I know which side battery be on one without pins on. Thing is the lcd is there no plug connector on outside bike, I traced cable and goes straight into the frame with other wires so must be inside somewhere. Was worried take things out and make mess it.

All that has on outside is one goes to throttle first pic and something else a connector pins thing goes to back wheel 2nd pic. Not sure why lcd connector not outside the bike

I not good electrical things not sure if these tests beyond my dad have ask him. I not found no shops as yet dunno if Halfords can do them.

thanks for tips.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The connector is inside the frame where the wire goes in. When you remove that panel, everything will pull out where you can see it.

Reactions: Djusername

Djusername

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2019
The connector is inside the frame where the wire goes in. When you remove that panel, everything will pull out where you can see it.
Hi we was finally both free today wasnt detecting power out pins looked inside housing and unplug connector plug out and was ok 41. It not even held in clip bit loose so widen inner pins little and the plugs now taped together can’t see coming loose again.

Works fine know thanks a lot your help Must been a little loose. Never could see no fuses though must be further in somewhere. Guess riding over bumps and grass not help.

il get back Vauxhall’s vectra page now fbook asking help lots problems and helping solve others problems too Lol. Good keep things going through knowledge on the cheap.

the plug was red now covered black tape you would think would be clipped in.

Attachments

Djusername

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2019
If it gives any more trouble, cut the connectors off and solder the wires.
If soldered be harder plug in new battery would thought I never soldered before or long time.

I wouldn’t mind bigger battery but prob least over most value the bike cost , it looked like silver pack outside didn’t get out look as housing ac adaptor in way, not sure bigger one would fit looked like was room still.

Think suppost be LG one the range not great ok on flat still get up any hill but range lot poorer but enough for my needs small trips 5.2ah says is, the xiomi scooter I got more this rather have more range this lol As hard do much on that. Thanks

Djusername

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2019
Hi I got a problem again it was staying on and then twice wouldnt turn on while out. Now it just flicking on a sec does anyone think is same issue again.maybe the tape still on but come loose again. I forgot what even did now.

I hope isn’t rain as the charge port could got little water in it other week rain as forgot cover it for a mile ubrill related but doubt it this. Also are these displays waterproof?
Can I not add video clip attachment on here?