Folding bike with large wheels

Kitbag

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 15, 2013
I've seen a brochure for a Byocycle Chameleon 24. It has 24 inch wheels and seems ok at first look. Any one any opinions or options for other large wheel folders?

Steve

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
D

Deleted member 4366

There's nothing wrong with large-wheeled folding bikes. They're obviously a bit larger than a small wheeled one when folded, but they still fit in the boot of a car. Saneagle has had this one for nearly three years and it's done thousands of miles. It still has the original motor. Nothing serious ha gone wrong with it, although we changed just about everything through about three metamorphoses. Saneagle is a big guy and the frame has stood up to a lot of abuse from off-road use and much more powerful motors.

There's a nice one that's regularly listed on Ebay over a long period, so should be sound. It has full suspension, disc brakes and a nice LCD panel that gives several levels of PAS. I'm not sure whether the Byocycle only has one level, maximum, which doesn't suit everyone. It might have three levels, so you need to check..
MOUNTAIN BIKE ELECTRIC FOLDING 2013 model | eBay
You can buy the Byocycle on Ebay as well:
Byocycle Boxer 24" Wheel Alloy Folding Electric Bike Bicycle 36v Lithium Battery | eBay

Ettica

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2008
Heskin Lancashire
The Chameleon 24 is a nice bike. Bigger bike feel to the ride and folds very well. The handlebars don't fold but I just take them off when transporting. Fits in my punto :)

chris1972

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 9, 2013
What's the gearing like on these folding bikes I've read its very low. Like the idea of a folder .

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What's the gearing like on these folding bikes I've read its very low. Like the idea of a folder .
Usually only a problem on the smaller wheel ones with 16" or 20" wheels. With 24" wheels there shouldn't be a problem.