FOR SALE: Ezee Torq for sale ** SOLD **

oobs

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 30, 2006
Hi all,

I have recently moved to Somerset and I am finding that my Torq just isn't cutting the mustard on hilly terrain. It was great for commuting in Farnborough but now I think I shall go back to a lightweight hybrid, perhaps with an ElectroDrive. Especially as I am about to move again - to Cornwall! So...

Offers for one Ezee Torq invited. Bought May 19th 2006. It has done about 400 miles. It has Li-Ion battery, it is delimited - goes nice and quick but range not so good. There are a few scuffs and scratches on the frame and on parts that contact ground when upturned. New gel saddle, new led backlight on backrack. One new tyre since purchase.

I am in Crewkerne in Somerset. I am here most of the time so PM me to arrange visit/test. I can email you a picture if you like. Not sure how to post here.

Ben

Clueless

Jan 23, 2007
What Price for Used Torq

You don't say how much you would like to get for the bike
Please advise

Many Thanks

Clueless

Hi all,

I have recently moved to Somerset and I am finding that my Torq just isn't cutting the mustard on hilly terrain. It was great for commuting in Farnborough but now I think I shall go back to a lightweight hybrid, perhaps with an ElectroDrive. Especially as I am about to move again - to Cornwall! So...

Offers for one Ezee Torq invited. Bought May 19th 2006. It has done about 400 miles. It has Li-Ion battery, it is delimited - goes nice and quick but range not so good. There are a few scuffs and scratches on the frame and on parts that contact ground when upturned. New gel saddle, new led backlight on backrack. One new tyre since purchase.

I am in Crewkerne in Somerset. I am here most of the time so PM me to arrange visit/test. I can email you a picture if you like. Not sure how to post here.

Ben

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Not sure how to post here.

Ben
Quick interjection Ben.

Post your picture into any website space, Flickr.com for example, then go to that picture on the site and right click on it. From the menu choose "Copy image location".

Now return to the forum, click the mountain scene symbol above the text typing area and paste the link into that box, then click OK.

The image name will appear where the cursor last was and that will appear as a picture in the forum entry.

Last edited:

Roger M

Apr 11, 2007
Hi Ben - just wondered if the torq is still for sale? Am just up the road in Bath - looking for something to commute the Bath/Bristol cycle route - mostly flat so should be fine? And how big is it - am 6ft. Roger

oobs

Oct 30, 2006
Yep - this torq still for sale. It is moving to Cornwall on Thursday so get in quick! Given the price posted for the other torq here, I reckon I'll have to take some offers more round the £500 mark.

gr1mb0

Apr 22, 2007
Torq for sale?

Hi - is teh bike still for sale - I can pick up this week.

Regards

Clueless

Jan 23, 2007
Is the bike still up for grabs ?

I am still interested and like a test ride before purchase

woundedknee

Mar 10, 2007
ezee torq for sale

Hello is this bike still for sale. If so is it suitable for someone my height = 5' 11....and how much is it on at?

ta

Woundedknee

oobs

Oct 30, 2006
Hi all,

Sorry no response for ages. This is still for sale but you should know that it packed up on me on a ride the other day. No power showing anywhere. Checked battery fuse and that seems fine. Any ideas? Anyway, presupposing I can get it working again, is anyone interested in buying it?

Cheers,
Ben

ITSPETEINIT

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2006
Mere, Wilts
It could be

Hi all,

Sorry no response for ages. This is still for sale but you should know that it packed up on me on a ride the other day. No power showing anywhere. Checked battery fuse and that seems fine. Any ideas? Anyway, presupposing I can get it working again, is anyone interested in buying it?

Cheers,
Ben
Hello Ben:
Mr. Ching (I suppose it is a Lithium battery?) told me when I had trouble with a Lithium battery cutting out that there was another fuse inside the battery which cannot be serviced by the rider/owner. He said that the fuse holder had probably become broken. Even though the battery was 8 months old, because it had done so few miles (80 miles when it defaulted), he would instruct 50 Cycles to replace it free of charge.

Under the circumstances, if you wanted to sell it without the trouble of getting it checked and repaired you could try 50 Cycles, they:

"(we) really go out of our way at 50 cycles to make everybody's experience of Electric cycling a pleasurable one..............you can take advantage of our good nature".

Regards
Peter

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi all,

Cheers,
Ben
Check if the red LED is lit on the controller Ben, if it is, the fuse isn't the problem. If it's not, and you'd like to check that fuse for yourself, here's how. You need to slide off the battery base first as shown by the two photos at the top of this page of my site.

Then remove the three crosshead screws that hold the case halves together. There are two thin latches moulded inside each side of one case half, and you'll probably crack them off when parting the halves, but don't worry about that. They are "tell-tales" to reveal tampering, but you're out of battery warranty anyway.

With the top case half off, you'll see the car type inline fuse holder shown as number 6 in this photo, also on my site. Cut away the insulation around the fuse holder, replace the fuse if it's blown and bind the holder with pvc insulating tape. You should have had spare fuses supplied when you got the bike new.

Last edited:

ITSPETEINIT

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2006
Mere, Wilts
Handyman versus Genius.

Check if the red LED is lit on the controller Ben, if it is, the fuse isn't the problem. If it's not, and you'd like to check that fuse for yourself, here's how. You need to slide off the battery base first as shown by the two photos at the top of this page of my site.

Then remove the three crosshead screws that hold the case halves together. There are two thin latches moulded inside each side of one case half, and you'll probably crack them off when parting the halves, but don't worry about that. They are "tell-tales" to reveal tampering, but you're out of battery warranty anyway.

With the top case half off, you'll see the car type inline fuse holder shown as number 6 in this photo, also on my site. Cut away the insulation around the fuse holder, replace the fuse if it's blown and bind the holder with pvc insulating tape. You should have had spare fuses supplied when you got the bike new.
Hello Flecc:
(the title is just my fun Flecc).
I guess Mr. Ching did not mean you Flecc when he said that the inner fuse in a battery is not serviceable by an owner/rider.
Regards
Peter

oobs

Oct 30, 2006
Thanks guys,
I will attempt Fleccsfix and report back.
Oobs out

Tintaglia

Pedelecer
May 23, 2007
Nr. Newquay, Cornwall
Hi all,

Anyway, presupposing I can get it working again, is anyone interested in buying it?

Cheers,
Ben
Hi Ben, we're in Cornwall as well and may be interested in your Torq, depending on whether the frame is too big for either of us, we're only 5'6" and 5'4". Don't think it would cope with some of our bigger hills but there are a few flatter routes around so let us know if you still want to sell. Wouldn't mind a project if you haven't got it running again. Brodie & Julie

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hello Flecc:
(the title is just my fun Flecc).
I guess Mr. Ching did not mean you Flecc when he said that the inner fuse in a battery is not serviceable by an owner/rider.
Regards
Peter
Amusingly, before Ching's answer, it was me who first gave this answer for a failed battery to 50cycles almost a year ago, the Torq battery in question being that of our site administrator Russ. With that successful for 50cycles in getting the battery working again, Russ gave me the title of Pedelec Guru!

oobs

Oct 30, 2006
Hi again,

After much delay, I set to fixing the bike yesterday. After much support from flecc, I discovered problem was simply dirty battery contacts. Problem now solved. Thanks Flecc!

So, one operational Ezee Torq back up for sale. See earlier posts for description. It hasn't changed or been anywhere - just sat still for a further 12 months!

Offers around £500?

Cheers, Ben