For those people that have Q128C and the BMS battery and controller combo

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead
I have it all working on the throttle, however, to make my life easier with the PAS I bought one of those split ring with a sensor on the frame rather than the use the originally supplied PASes. A certain law should have told me it won't play out like this.
One of these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-Electric-Bicycle-Pedal-Assist-Sensor-Electric-bike-PAS-system-12-Magnet-Speed-Sensor-install/32791731221.html

When I plug the yellow connectors together with the split ring one with the red led the power levels on the LCD3 disappear and the throttle stops working. When I plug in the BMS supplied one the throttle continues to work.

Does anyone have any ideas on if this is likely to be a C setting somewhere or if the split ring one just isn't compatible?

Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 4366

The connectors might be the same, but the wiring is different. I guess that it's connecting 5v to ground. Try cutting off the connectors and joining the wires directly. It should be easier to see which is which then.

• Useful
Reactions: BornAgainCyclist

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead
Thanks, in light of that I think I'll just try to fit the provided one. It is a v7-50+ one. Any idea if I can fit that on the left side or am I tied to only doing it on the right?

D

Deleted member 4366

Is there something to fix the magnet disc to on the left side? Is there space for it?

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead
Trying to figure that out. Being very shy on taking the crank and bottom bracket off / apart. Not even sure if my BB can come apart or if a sealed unit. Think it might be a trip down the LBS.

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead
So there is room on the left side, way more than on the right side.

I have an 8 magnet disc at the moment, the magnets are 56 to 57 mm apart, centre of a magnet to centre on the other side. The centre hole I am going to have to make 22 to 23mm wide for the BB axle and somehow make the centre very thin, somewhere between 2 and 3mm.

Is anyone aware of a disc that is ready to go with those sizes? If not any tips on thining the centre down by approx 2 mm?

Thanks

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead
Does anyone have any good ideas on how to protect the battery connector on the mount from the elements when the battery is off the bike? Some form of cap would be very useful rather than a bag wrapped around it.