Forme Peak Trail or Cube Katmandu Pro?

Finchmeister53

Just Joined
Sep 22, 2020
Hello,
Been thinking about an bike for a while and had settled on the Forme High Peak 1E but can't find one for love nor money at the moment. Our local bike shop has a Cube Katmandu Pro 500 in m size and in stock and I have to say I am mightily impressed. I wanted to buy British but the Cube has everything I want, is a great spec and is in stock. I wondered if any of the members here had any experience with this bike model?

pichipedals

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2016
I'm not familiar with the Forme bike, but having spent a few days looking at several bikes including the Kathmandu Pro (500 or 625 in my case vs Trek Allante 7 and Giant FastRoad EX+)) and looking at the Forme website spec..

Cube benefits..
front fork - bigger travel 100mm vs 63mm, and air vs spring
suspension seat post versus rigid
85Nm Gen 4 motor (looks like the forme Peak is a Gen 3 65Nm unit ?)
Deore gearset versus Acera
180mm vs 160mm brake rotors - both shimano MT-200

On my quick view the Cube looks worth the extra few hundred pounds based on component - of course it all depends what suits your needs and fit.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Been thinking about an bike for a while and had settled on the Forme High Peak 1E but can't find one for love nor money at the moment.
You will be lucky to get a Forme , I had been waiting 3 months up until last week when I was possibly not going to be available this year, so cancelled and bought something else.

pichipedals

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2016
I think supply isn't great on most bikes at the moment, covid supply impacts, surge in demand as gyms closed, changeover of model years. Gone are the days of picking up unsold stock/previous year models on discount - its a case of what you can get hold of at the moment. Don't assume online stores stating stock actually have it - webpages are often out of date, and some assume manufacturers have stock to ship to them. If you fit to a medium or small frame you probably have a better chance.

Finchmeister53

Just Joined
Sep 22, 2020
I'm not familiar with the Forme bike, but having spent a few days looking at several bikes including the Kathmandu Pro (500 or 625 in my case vs Trek Allante 7 and Giant FastRoad EX+)) and looking at the Forme website spec..

Cube benefits..
front fork - bigger travel 100mm vs 63mm, and air vs spring
suspension seat post versus rigid
85Nm Gen 4 motor (looks like the forme Peak is a Gen 3 65Nm unit ?)
Deore gearset versus Acera
180mm vs 160mm brake rotors - both shimano MT-200

On my quick view the Cube looks worth the extra few hundred pounds based on component - of course it all depends what suits your needs and fit.
Thank you - that is a great help.