Forza For Less Than £100!

C

Cyclezee

Last week I bought a Forza from that well known auction site for £80. It came out of the back of the filthiest, dirtiest, rubbish strewn, junk filled garage I have ever seen:eek:
The bike it's self was and still is covered in grime and dirt.
The seller did not have a key or charger as he bought it in one of 50cycles fire sales last year, and did nothing with it apart from acquire an almost dead battery.
When I got it home, I tried the spare key from my other Forza and guess what it fitted. Then I charged the battery, pumped up the tyres, fitted a couple of stays to the rear mudguard, adjusted the brakes and away she went, working perfectly:D
It was fitted with an EAF control which I find quite scary, so I decided to change it for a throttle which is much more controllable. The only other mods I have made were to de-restrict it and fit a bell as the original was broken.

Expenditure to date is as follows:
  • Bike £80.00
  • Throttle £ 9.44 inc. delivery
  • 5 x JST Connector Housings £ 2.45 inc. delivery
  • 10 x JST crimp pins £0.74 inc. delivery
  • Battery Meter Clamp £0.00 courtesy of OnBike
  • Bell £3.25 inc. delivery
Total £95.88

I have decided to splash out and buy a new chain guard for £20 inc. delivery. Although the battery is on the way out, I have very healthy one which I use on the other Ezee bikes and 2 chargers, so I do not intend to spend another penny on it and I'm not going to clean it either as it will be my 'grunge' bike. Thanks go to Pedelc members for their help and advice;)

Grunge Forza £100 Forza

J:) hn

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil the drill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2008
TR9
Last week I bought a Forza from that well known auction site for £80.
The bike it's self was and still is covered in grime and dirt.
I'm not going to clean it either as it will be my 'grunge' bike. Thanks go to Pedelc members for their help and advice;)

Grunge Forza £100 Forza

Well done John, and congrats. on a very good value find. I must say, however, that if that's what you call your 'grunge' bike you can come and clean mine anytime :D ! Compared with mine after just a one day commute to work in the wet, it looks like it has been cleaned by Nelson's finest! Consequently I don't bother to clean mine either (well, hardly ever...:) )

Phil

C

Cyclezee

Obviously from the previous comments, nobody can see from the photos because of the matt black frame is a layer of soot and filth. Steel parts are rusty and the aluminium pitted.
My original thought before I got it was to break it for spares, but when I found everything worked, I was pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:

sopht

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2008
Only kidding - really I'm dead impressed with what you did with it. :)

I don't seem to have time or money to get anywhere with acquiring an ebike, other than looking and planning every now and then, which is a shame. I love the technology and think it could solve a lot of traffic problems, quite apart from being great fun.

I DID get to hire a Sparta in Leiston, Suffolk for a day last week - highly recommended.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I DID get to hire a Sparta in Leiston, Suffolk for a day last week - highly recommended.
Superb quality bike I agree, and fine in Suffolk, but it's the weakest hill climber on the market, so be wary any of you who have steep hills to climb.

sopht

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2008
Superb quality bike I agree, and fine in Suffolk, but it's the weakest hill climber on the market, so be wary any of you who have steep hills to climb.
I should add - off topic - a highly recommended day out! Very friendly outlet in Leiston of the Light Electric Vehicle people, and a great way to explore the flat-ish countryside round there. Also, a great way to sample the fantastic pubs :D Can I plug the Station at Framlingham, Wow, great food, local delicious beer, lovely people.... :rolleyes:

Stopped for two secs, and a local popped up over a wall telling me about his ebike that he uses to go to the pub every Friday - there's a theme here.

The bike itself is not what I'm looking for - I want a Cytronex, or the time to build a kit, but a lovely steed, robust, cheerful, Oh, lots of other praise, but as you say Flecc, prob not for hills etc.

Soph