Frame size

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Im 5ft 11inch and I have a 32inch inside leg. What frame size of bike should I need?
I emailed this to flecc but I got my measurements wrong !
Now my wife is back home I've got the correct measurement !
Dont comment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All help gratfully recieved.

Bob.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But don't forget that 2" extra for the sprung seatpost that I mentioned Bob. The 53 will probably be ok, but that extra could make it marginal.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Well to tell you the truth Flecc, with whats happened with Stockpa3's Torq I think Im gonna go for the Pro-Connect after all !
I know im a contrary sod (as they say in Yorkshire).
Thats why I wanted to know about the frame size.
Your advise has won in the end !
But Thanks.

Bob

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's ok Bob, spokes do sometimes go on hub motor wheels, but it's not usually a big problem. Normally a bike can suffer one and that's the end of the problem, though occasionally a wheel needs a rebuild. It's down to the original build quality and the additional stresses of a hub motor. A tensioning error on a spoke can lead to a failure, but it's nothing a competent bike mechanic can't put right.

The Kalkhoff is certainly a safe bet for build quality though, but you'll have to relearn your gear changing technique for the hub gears. Pause when changing, especially changing down, and allow a few miles for the hub to run in before expecting the change to be fully up to smoothness.

Last edited:

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Yep im going with the Pro-Connect. It just means Ive go to pedal, pedal, pedal instead of being lazy, but it will do me good in the end.
I'll attempt to order one ASAP.
The question is now, when will I be able to get one?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
March I think, but possibly right around the end of the month. Trouble is, these bikes have been a real hit everywhere, so it's probably tough meeting demand.

It always gives me confidence when a product like this is delayed due to demand, since it indicates the manufacturer isn't prepared to cut standards to meet the demand. Better that way than rushed out products with faults.