Freego Eagle wiring help

auzr66

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 29, 2023
I have confirmed that my controller is fried as I have lost the 5volt rail, without a circuit diagram I am unable to attempt a repair.
Having found a new replacement controller I am nervous about just plugging it in without confirming the root cause was not elsewhere.
Are there any simple tests I can perform to check the motor, display etc to confirm I haven't a massive short on any other item?

Many thanks Mike

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The 5v stuff is all external to the controller. Connect one thing at a time and check the 5v immediately. If it drops, disconnect.

auzr66

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 29, 2023
The 5v stuff is all external to the controller. Connect one thing at a time and check the 5v immediately. If it drops, disconnect.
If there is a fault the new controller could have been damaged. Not happy to test that way.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I can see you are worried. There is no way around plugging in the pedal sensor and keep your fingers crossed. Take the following steps to minimise risk:
1. Connect only battery, motor and led panel.
2. Switch on, lift the motor wheel, press and hold down the - button on the led panel to start the motor in walk mode.
If the motor spins up, you are half way there.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
If there is a fault the new controller could have been damaged. Not happy to test that way.
A short on the 5v won't do any damage for a short time. It would take several minutes before the regulator would overheat because the current is restricted by the big 200 Ohm resistor.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Advertisers