Freego wren 4mph throttle

sithmaull

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 7, 2019
Hi everyone, I’m Tom and I’m new here. I was wondering if someone could help. I’ve spent a week riding a friends freego hawk and loved it, I bought myself a freego wren today but the throttle isn’t as powerful (hold down button on lcd display) as the hawk and the twist throttle only goes to 4mph. I’ve read the forums here which says to connect the 2 grey wires but mine dosent have 2 grey ones or any looping together. I have the lcd display as pictured. How do I get my throttle working like on the hawk and not limited to 4mph? Many thanks everyone.

Attachments

sithmaull

Jul 7, 2019
Just checked with the speedometer and the max the throttle goes too is 8mph when on full. How can I increase this as it’s painfully slow compared to my friends hawk which I think is 15mph?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
There's a secret combination of pressing the buttons on the LCD. I can't remember what it is now, but IIRC, it involves pressing a button 8 times, and I've got a feeling that another button had to be held down at the same time.

It might be something like, press and hold the plus and minus buttons to get to a screen, then hold down the minus or power button while you press the plus button 8 times.

Last edited:

sithmaull

Jul 7, 2019
There's a secret combination of pressing the buttons on the LCD. I can't remember what it is now, but IIRC, it involves pressing a button 8 times, and I've got a feeling that another button had to be held down at the same time.

It might be something like, press and hold the plus and minus buttons to get to a screen, then hold down the minus or power button while you press the plus button 8 times.
Thank you very much for your help. I’ll give it a go and if I work it out I’ll post how to do it on here.

sithmaull

Jul 7, 2019
So I’ve just been and had a look and despite going through each combination I can’t access the “secret” menu. I’m happy with the bike, I just want the throttle to go upto 15 like it does on the others. I’ve attached some photos of the controller and wiring if anyone can suggest something? Thank you everyone. I do appreciate all your help

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You need to make sure that those translucent green shrouds cover the phase wire connections completely, otherwise you can get serious problems. The blue and green need to be made like the yellow one.

sithmaull

Jul 7, 2019
You need to make sure that those translucent green shrouds cover the phase wire connections completely, otherwise you can get serious problems. The blue and green need to be made like the yellow one.
Thank you, I’ll do that now.

msf1344

Dec 31, 2020
Hi , Did you resolve your problem with throttle speed limiter . i have the same problem and got stuck .

beltalowda

Just Joined
Nov 6, 2020
Hi , Did you resolve your problem with throttle speed limiter . i have the same problem and got stuck .
It sounds like your throttle is attatched to the 'walk' feature on your controller. I found that disconnecting the black wire released this limiting problem on carrera vulcan.

Advertisers