Freewheel 11t

charliehorse

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 17, 2014
From what i read here and elsewhere, this is the best solution for a faster bike without spending a fortune on a rare shimano freewheel,
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/DNP-Epoch-Freewheel-9-Soeed-11-34T-Nickel-Plated-/381155832626?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58bea87332
Its for a 9 speed Carrera Kraken. I realise that I will not need all the gears but this one looks to be index compatible too.
The one that came with my 1000w 48v motor is seven speed. It seems to be working ok but sounds like it will not last very long. (Running upside down without load)
Can anyone reaccure me that that is a good choice?
Charlie

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm presently using a seven speed DNP freewheel with my 9 speed changers and derailleur. It works OK except that you get redundent clicks on the changers. They move around a bit and are different when changing up from down. In operaton, that means you do a click up or down, and if nothing happens, you do another one. It's no problem, but would obviously be better if you have that precice 9-speed changing. The most important thing is that you get the 11T top gear.

I've done 1400 miles on my 7-speed and it's doing fine. Don't forget that there won't be much load on your gears with a 1000w motor.

charliehorse

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 17, 2014
Ok, Thanks for that. I will try that one. Being nine gears it should be possible to get it to change without clicking. I will measure my width to make sure it will fit. Might need a slight expansion.
Does not look like there is anything better on the market since I was on here last. But as you say load should be small with the big motor ;-)

Advertisers