Fried Controller Help

Samson64

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 24, 2014
I parked my pedlec out in the heavy rain and when I came back after several hours and turned it on to use it it kept cutting out. When it was home I left it for a day or 2 to dry out and try again. Long story short I had either fried the LCD display all the control unit, as the LCD had a hairline crack in the power switch.

Eventually I resourced a like for like LCD unit with a controller unit I believed matched the original.

I first replaced the LCD unit, which did fire up but unfortunately nothing happened when I try to ride it so I assumed that the control unit was also blown.

Problem I have is that the new controller unit seems to be lacking in the selection of wires to link up the various sensors and components.

So I'm looking for any advice how to find a like-for-like unit, ideally someone who could take the current unit and with the new unit wire it with the same connections, is currently busy preparing my flat for our first newborn in February.

IMG_4760.JPG IMG_5232.JPG IMG_5233.JPG IMG_5372.JPG These are the wires which come from the original control unit which the new unit has no corresponding wires from its loom to connect to. So clearly there is something's missing in the current new controllers circuitry that doesn't correlate to my original controller unit.IMG_5374.JPG
IMG_5375.JPG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

The DC Moto controller is completely different and doesn't work with any display. It also only gives maximum power with PAS. Personally, I wouldn't bother with it unless you want to only use the throttle.

Samson64

Aug 24, 2014
IMG_5798.JPG IMG_5799.JPG IMG_5800.JPG IMG_5803.JPG thanks for the links and pictures, particularity like the look of the
Dahon Jetstream, Having taken my controller off it still seems your suggestion has less on the circuit than mine. Ive taken them in batches. Any thoughts?

D

Deleted member 4366

If you need help, can you be more specific with your questions?

Samson64

Aug 24, 2014
Going by the number of wires coming out my current controller has 36, not including the brown loop, the controller you suggested has 22, so I'm not sure if this would match

Advertisers