From the Midlands

Ferdinand

Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2015
NG17
I'm based in the Midlands, within about an hour's drive of the Peak District. We have some hills, though not as many as Derbyshire, and I can find 500m of climbing on a 10-15 mile route from home easily if I desire.

Currently looking at putting E-assist on a Boardman Hybrid.

My reasons are to be able to go a little further a little faster, and especially to do what I already do without becoming hot and sweaty on the way, wearing more normal clothes. And also to be able to get through dodgy sections of road more quickly and more closely match traffic speeds on the road.

My riding is recreational, utility, fitness, some commuting, and some touring.

Ferdinand

Last edited:
Reactions: rippedupno1
D

Deleted member 4366

Whereabout are you in the Midlands. If you're anywhere near Telford, you can try Saneagle's Boardman with Oxydrive kit. It goes like ** off a shovel and there's no resistance from the motor for unpowered pedalling and free-rolling. Send me a message if interested.

Reactions: Ferdinand
D

Deleted member 4366

Nottingham is northlands rather than midlands isn't it? It's nearly Scotland! You're still welcome to try ours if you want to come over - about 80 mi utes journey, I guess.

Reactions: Ferdinand

Ferdinand

Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2015
NG17
Nottingham is northlands rather than midlands isn't it? It's nearly Scotland!
No. :rolleyes: I despair. Let me try some geographical education.

Nottingham is the Midlands, although arguably they start at the Trent going North.

Anything South of Leicester is the South Midlands.

Birmingham is the Heart of England as the Tourist Board used to be called. Alternatively it is the Black Country iirc, "Beyond Tamworth" (former capital of Mercia), or "the Start of the South".

"South of Watford" actually refers to Watford Gap not Watford the suburb of London.

People in the North will explain that it starts somewhere inside the bank of fog you see from the M62. Except Harrogate, which is really part of Surrey.

And while we are at it, Wakefield Airport are "Robin Hood" thieves. Quite ironic really - steal the name of a famous thief for your airport.

Got it? :p

Regionalist? Moi?

You're still welcome to try ours if you want to come over - about 80 mi utes journey, I guess.
Tempted and it is a kind offer, but I may wait a few weeks while I do some reading.

Ferdinand
Who couldn't find a "can of worms" emoticon.

Last edited:

Ferdinand

Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2015
NG17
You're not far from Juicy Bikes in Buxton. They offer trial rides and there's a handy supply of hills to play with ... :)
That looks like quite a nice morning's ride from here or somewhere a bit closer by car, and not as many hills as you might expect.

Ferdinand

Last edited: