Front chain ring

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Has the chain ever come off on the inside to damage the disc ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The disc is the PAS magnet disc which the sensor (hall) senses, as each magnet passing an on/off pulse is sensed. One can see two of the magnets exposed, if one or both are lost then you would feel a lapse in the PAS operation in use.

Last edited:

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
As it's happened to two identical bikes it looks like excessive force was put on them during the bike manufacture and now they have both given way.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Magnet disc manufacture uses different materials , some are more flexible then others. It's not the first time we have seen pics of broken discs but I have yet to see one on any f my bikes break.
End of the day as long as the disc's are replaced by the dealer there is little in trying to appoint blame, if there is an issue then the dealer may be up front and just say yes we have had a few and it is a known fault. In the bigger picture of ebike electronic workings the issue is a very minor one.

cyclenut1952

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2019
Leeds LS27
Thanks for advise, there are other issues I have in 10 months, one of which because it folds there is nothing they can do, but this is only on one bike, so frustrating.

cyclenut1952

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2019
Leeds LS27
Hi Nealh, hope I didn’t sound sarcastic on my reply it wasn’t intended, just a bit annoyed, I realise mechanical items fail I suppose I expect too much:)