Help! Front chainring change on haibike

brac

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 20, 2019
Hi
Bought a haibike sduro treking 2.0 about a month ago, very happy with it but find it a bit undergeared, only really using 6th to 10th.
I was thinking of changing the front chainring but not sure what size etc to get, its the yamaha pw-se motor

Reactions: Slightlypedantic

Slightlypedantic

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2022
East Sussex
I have a similar problem:

I have a Haibike Trekking 6 i630 (2022 model) with Yamaha PW-ST motor and 38T chain-ring. The chain-ring is dished and all in one piece; it slides straight onto the motor shaft - no separate spider. The chain-line appears to be 52mm, and the OLD is 148mm.

I would like to raise the gearing, as I spend a lot of time in the top two or three gears. With a 10 speed 11-46T cassette, hill-climbing is fine and I don't use bottom gear or high power very often.

As far as I can tell, I'll need a spider and separate chain-ring, perhaps 40T or 42T. I don't know whether going larger would compromise hill-climbing, although the motor does appear pretty strong. I've seen spiders for other versions of the PW motor but not specifically PW-ST, and they are out of stock anyway.

Is any PW-** spider likely to fit and have the correct chain-line?

What size chain-ring should I fit?

Where can I buy the parts?

Any thoughts or ideas, anyone? Am I on the right track, or heading for a pitfall?!

Thanks in advance. :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: Slightlypedantic