Full Susser 8fun rear hub drive Ebike for under a Grand!

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011
Are you happy with yours? :)
Yes well happy, I've got to upgrade the battery when I've saved my pennies,if I unleash and use the full power that it's capable of then it's going to need more than the 10ah supplied, if I use it lightly and exercise then the battery will suffice.
Reading into ebikes on the net,dealer,sales etc. the members joining this and other forums ,I think 2017 is going to be quite interesting for the year of the Ebike.

Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Yes well happy, I've got to upgrade the battery when I've saved my pennies,if I unleash and use the full power that it's capable of then it's going to need more than the 10ah supplied, if I use it lightly and exercise then the battery will suffice.
Reading into ebikes on the net,dealer,sales etc. the members joining this and other forums ,I think 2017 is going to be quite interesting for the year of the Ebike.
Got a link to yours please?

Spotted this on eBay a few of us have his Bafang max drive bikes , now he's got a few of these inc. a hard tail version even cheaper! How does he do it?
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=112305727542&globalID=EBAY-GB
Unlike the max drive cross and other style max drive bike with mudguards and rear rack, I do not rate these off road offerings anywhere near decent :(
Thought process predominately surrounding ease of servicing and how rewarding ownership would be. Sorry to put a bummer on them, just my opinion.

Sent using this crappy tapatalk app. that has such poor functionality I can't even click 'like'!

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011
Unlike the max drive cross and other style max drive bike with mudguards and rear rack, I do not rate these off road offerings anywhere near decent :(
Thought process predominately surrounding ease of servicing and how rewarding ownership would be. Sorry to put a bummer on them, just my opinion.

Sent using this crappy tapatalk app. that has such poor functionality I can't even click 'like'!
Yes very similar to any other hub motored unit, with entry level components,I imagine quite a few will sell at budget prices as it's opening ebiking up to the new weekend warriors of outdoor life.

Yes very similar to any other hub motored unit, with entry level components,I imagine quite a few will sell at budget prices as it's opening ebiking up to the new weekend warriors of outdoor life.
Sure, they will likely sell to the right type of customer.
The hub will last well no doubt, the battery should manage pretty well too, but I'd wager that rear end will soon develop adverse free play, and if used off road the fork legs to the lowers likewise.
As an overall bike I consider these will deliver fair service but end up in landfill within a few years. Not the forward looking market I hope will develop.

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011
Sure, they will likely sell to the right type of customer.
The hub will last well no doubt, the battery should manage pretty well too, but I'd wager that rear end will soon develop adverse free play, and if used off road the fork legs to the lowers likewise.
As an overall bike I consider these will deliver fair service but end up in landfill within a few years. Not the forward looking market I hope will develop.

Yep nothing worse than a soggy rear, got to be proper serviceable bearings and bushes in there to even think about putting power in there.

• Agree
Reactions: brightonebikes

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
  • Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Has anyone else noticed SW's absence on threads like this?

you cant go down hill on that thing pmsl ;)

I'm certainly NOT going to buy one of these to find out just how durable they are, but I would like to thrash one around for a weekend and see how it stands up. Perhaps I would be pleasantly surprised? Nevertheless, even used for pootling around the roads I still question how easy servicing needs may pan out and ease of sourcing the spares will be.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the only thing i want to know about the max drive is how fast will it go b4 you blow the controller to bits and where you get a new one from ;)

• Agree
the only thing i want to know about the max drive is how fast will it go b4 you blow the controller to bits and where you get a new one from ;)
Spares will follow if/when the Max Drives becomes more recognised in the UK market.
Let us not forget it whooped the other 11 out of 12 teams in the 24hr Challenge around Nurgurgring a couple of years back. All other 11 teams were on Bosch powered motors and I'm not actually sure they all even finished the full 24!
Spares are available for the Max Drive and at a very reasonable price. Easy to access and replace too. Looking at the one inside the Greenway Cross bike, the controller is in a nice metal enclosure. Maybe add some heatsinks for extreme use, but perhaps that's where the Ultra drive comes in?

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
I notice that the hardtail has:
"Battery PANASOSIC CELL Li-ION, DC36V 11.0AH"
Assuming that is Panasonic (and not really Panasosic), that could be interesting if sold as a spare for £170 like his 10.4AH Samsung celled batteries were.

Related Articles

Advertisers