Funny Noises or not

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
My 5 month old Giant E+3 with the Yamaha motor has now done some 460 miles and has had a 6 week service where nothing came to light. A recent creaking had me on edge, or rather standing on the pedals, when the creaking went away. I thought it might be the dropper post since the saddle could rotate slightly side to side, but after swapping the well used saddle for an unused one that noise was banished. So now, when the tyre noise or suspension noise didn't hide it, I can hear a soft metalic? noise connected to pedal cadence perhaps? But not always, seems to depend on gearing or crank torque. Not heard at high levels of assistance though. Still have plenty of warranty left so I'll wait to see if it gets louder. Not stopped me having a load of fun though in the last few weeks. Anyone heard similar. Should I take off the RH side panel for a peek perhaps?

Attachments

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
clean and lube after every ride ;)

Tank

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 13, 2019
Had a clicking noise coming from the bottom bracket area on my cube reaction 500sl. Looked on here and someone suggested the seatpost. Sure enough after a good clean up and slight re grease. No noise at all.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Full suspension ?
Check all your pivot bolt's

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
My Yamaha PU with large chain ring went through a phase of making a similar described noise that needed me to nip up the chain ring bolts to make it disappear .

Reactions: argoose

Related Articles

Advertisers