Furo X or Gron E Cycle

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Your rack looks as far back as the Furo.
No, it's dead centre over the axle (give 1cm). I've had 20kg on there. The saddle-bag probably deceives.
Quickly found myself hitting the max speed 25 km/h and wanting more.
Furo says "modifiable speed limit". Although that would make it not-legal (if you care), did you at least try it out?

Gearing is always a little on the low side on all the folders I've tried, and it's annoying how most don't consider how the bike is held together when folded, when simple magnetic catches work fine. Bungee cord is usually the answer.

Interested to know if you also considered the Eole S? Very similar overall, carbon frame, foldable, seat-post battery, hydraulics etc etc, and a little lighter than the Furo at 14kg.

Folkranger

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 16, 2015
No, it's dead centre over the axle (give 1cm). I've had 20kg on there. The saddle-bag probably deceives.

Furo says "modifiable speed limit". Although that would make it not-legal (if you care), did you at least try it out?

Gearing is always a little on the low side on all the folders I've tried, and it's annoying how most don't consider how the bike is held together when folded, when simple magnetic catches work fine. Bungee cord is usually the answer.

Interested to know if you also considered the Eole S? Very similar overall, carbon frame, foldable, seat-post battery, hydraulics etc etc, and a little lighter than the Furo at 14kg.
I found that my pannier bags can slide forward on the rack effectively sitting under the battery but doing that prevents your feet from turning. I suppose that all small bikes will have this problem in that the bags need to sit back a bit to clear the heels.

No I won't be trying the modifiable speed I find the speed OK. The issue is that the speed has to go over the max to register and then it shuts the assistance off for a very brief moment. It's not a problem, just feels a bit odd at first.

Hadn't seen the Eole S. If its built as well as the Furo it'll be a class bike.

MAngoHaHaHa

Just Joined
Jan 23, 2022
I'm curious how one can be 1kg lighter than the other when at face value they're identical, aren't they? The stem angle looks marginally different (but that could just be production changes, as with my own Fiido D11), but it looks the same frame/fork, same CST 20x1.75 tyres, same Samsung celled 8.7Ah 36v battery, same Shimano hydraulic brakes/9-speed gearing, same Bafang motor, display, etc etc. The only differences seem to be ancillaries such as mudguards, kick-stand, rack, lights, bell etc - which could add 1kg?

View attachment 43099
View attachment 43100
The F
I'm curious how one can be 1kg lighter than the other when at face value they're identical, aren't they? The stem angle looks marginally different (but that could just be production changes, as with my own Fiido D11), but it looks the same frame/fork, same CST 20x1.75 tyres, same Samsung celled 8.7Ah 36v battery, same Shimano hydraulic brakes/9-speed gearing, same Bafang motor, display, etc etc. The only differences seem to be ancillaries such as mudguards, kick-stand, rack, lights, bell etc - which could add 1kg?

View attachment 43099
View attachment 43100
The Furo is exactly the same as the Sava bike that I've got though I've modified seat pedals etc now.

Attachments