Gadget show testing e-bikes again

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
4 on test in the new show tonight, the e-motion neo extreme got a good report.

Trek, Impulse and Go Cycle also on test.

D

Deleted member 4366

Did you see how the Emotion Neo Extreme with bafang hub-motor annihilated the Kalkhoff impulse on the hill-climbing.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Did you see how the Emotion Neo Extreme with bafang hub-motor annihilated the Kalkhoff impulse on the hill-climbing.
As much as I loved it I am pretty certain if you had swapped the riders it would of switched around as Jason is pretty fit.

D

Deleted member 4366

As much as I loved it I am pretty certain if you had swapped the riders it would of switched around as Jason is pretty fit.
I don't think that's the case at all. In previous episodes, when they race, she's never far behind, but in this one, they weren't racing. He was just pedalling casually and generally messing about, while she seemed to be struggling up the rather steep mountain road a long way behind.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
neo only managed a "good" in extra energy tests I linked yesterday...many bikes did better

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
neo only managed a "good" in extra energy tests I linked yesterday...many bikes did better
Ok Eddie we get it you dont like the NEO ( despite never having ridden one) But not sure why every time its mentioned you feel the need to have a dig.I guess its just pure envy :)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I dont have to ride it to know its about £400 - 500 overpriced. Far better value bikes around. German testers not impressed either. Please stop taking it personally at every opportunity.

and as for the numptys on gadget show what do they know, the show a joke.

Last edited:

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
...and as for the numptys on gadget show what do they know, the show a joke.
Not sure why I'm replying to this but they don't know anything - that's the point, they try things and speak as they find, just as a customer in a shop would try a bike and give her opinion on her impression of the product. What's wrong with that?

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
nothing wrong with that but its nonsense..in a give away choice the vast majority of e bikers on here would choose the Kalkhoff..the program is brainless..

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just watched the video. The mistake in riding the Impulse was using too low a gear on the climb and spinning faster, so on this occasion I have to agree that Jason's technique would have shown the Impulse in a much better light. Also a steeper climb would have helped the Impulse and the bike was disadvantaged by having hub gear change delay as mentioned, against the Neo's derailleur.

But ultimately it's comparing two different things, a 250 watt rated bike against one that's quite obviously a lot more powerful and probably in truth a 350 watt or more rating.

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
DaaHub !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well its away at the moment..sob..sob..having latest DaaHub kit fitted..missing it terribly:(

Waspy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2012
nothing wrong with that but its nonsense..in a give away choice the vast majority of e bikers on here would choose the Kalkhoff..the program is brainless..
Well Eddie, I'm not looking for a fight, so I'll bow out of this debate knowing which bike I would choose if they were giving them away :)

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
But ultimately it's comparing two different things, a 250 watt rated bike against one that's quite obviously a lot more powerful and probably in truth a 350 watt or more rating.
.[/QUOTE]

So, are you saying the neo is not uk or eu legal, flecc?

I would have assumed any bike tested for uk consumers would have to be .

Have to admit I don't pay much attention to the squabbling about bikes that are way out of my price range.

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
They know or knew the bike preferred, didn't they get it right when they chose the Forza in original test...?

D

Deleted member 4366

Perhaps I mis-heard but I thought one of the presenters said on the show that it was not legal on UK roads.

Indalo
That was the Trek and the Gocycle if you turn the speed up. The Neo has a EN15194 certificate.

jhruk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
Perhaps the Kalkhoff was held back by the 540 Kilowatt hour battery that she claimed it had..!