Gazelle Orange c7 - failed suddenly

Biker44

Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2012
We bought this two year old electric with 1600 miles on it and its been fine - until it suddenly stopped. No power atall.

I diagnosed a failure of the speed sensor to the rear wheel. Not least because the display came on normally but did not register any speed atall - and of course, this is a common problem.

The spoke magnet is not very close to the sensor - but I've put a powerful slim magnet on top of it, so there should be getting a good strong signal.

(Note - I discovered how to switch the display to miles after this picture was taken!)

Attachments

Biker44

Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2012
Update - I've had the cover off again and pulled apart each connector to see if it makes any difference.

It makes no difference - almost the only clue I have is that the fitted head and tail lights don't work now, which could be significant. Yes, the battery is charged.

I've traced the wiring, its obviously more complex than it is on many people's mountain bikes since this cycle has lights front and rear.

(Note - the Battery connector is locked into place by a fragile plastic clip, easily snapped - while the simpler wiring without lights, two connections instead of four can be seen on this video
)

Attachments

Advertisers