Gear changing?

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
I've got a Bbs01 on order and getting my head round it all. Mr woosh says I don't need the gear sensor. A couple of hints I've come across, that the gear sensor has a bit of delay, that blipping the brake can cut the power. So what's the craic, what's best?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I've got a Bbs01 on order and getting my head round it all. Mr woosh says I don't need the gear sensor. A couple of hints I've come across, that the gear sensor has a bit of delay, that blipping the brake can cut the power. So what's the craic, what's best?
It's better with the gear sensor if you have any mechanical sympathy. Better doesn't mean essential.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
It's a Marmite thing... some love it, some hate it. I have two mid-drive e-bikes, one with a Gearsensor, one without. Some say Gearsensor blips the power too slowly or for too long (eg. when hill climbing), others love it just the way it is. Whether you have one or not, you simply "tweak" your gear-changing/pedalling technique slightly to avoid crunching gears depending on how your motor applies its power.

Reactions: jimriley