General Electric maintenance Sprint

Jeanette Morgan

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2006
CORNWALL
Apart from basically checking tyres, chain, nuts and bolts from time to time, is any sort of regular maintenance necessary to the electrics and motor of the Ezee Sprint? - and if so where do members get this done - I'm sure 50 cycles would carry out anything that was needed to be done, and very well, but I would not definitely prefer not to have to send the bikes away when the time comes.

Thanks

Jeanette:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The electrical parts don't need any maintenance Jeanette, but the motor gears can be re-greased after considerable service. That said, these motors go on for many years without any attention usually, and I've no intention of opening my two for re-greasing, since I usually opt for minimal maintenance on everything.

I certainly wouldn't bother before at least 6000 miles or four years.

However, if you prefer the play safe option, some Powabyke dealers are familiar with servicing hub motors. Here's the web page showing the ones in Cornwall: Powabyke Dealers. The first one is an approved service centre.

There's also an independent man who refurbishes motors for Powabyke amongst others, but it would mean removing the wheel so you might need a friendly electrical whiz-kid to help with that:

He's a guy called Phil Spencer, he can arrange collection of your wheel and refurbish it for you. You can contact Phil on 01384 253976. He is apparently very good and will warranty the wheel for 12 months once he has done the refurb.

Get a quote first of course if you ever use that option.

Last edited: