General Purpose EBike

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
This one does not seem a bad bet? http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/woosh-krieger-review.22174/page-2#post-279533 Ideally, I would like hydraulic brakes by reputation as local traffic can be horrendous and stopping on a pedal bicycle is such a great concern it limits my speed even in the dry.

"
  • Repairability - One of the benefits of all mid drives is that nearly all the usual cycle components are easily replaced as and when you need them right down to that awkward moment you get a puncture while cycling home from the girlfriends house and wife wonders why you're late."

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Woosh bikes are excellent value, but are not so well suited to daily use or lots of miles.

Upgrading to a hydraulic disc is a relatively cheap and simple modification.

Reactions: Perseus

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Rob, Woosh probably sell more bikes to commuters than any other suppliers in the UK. Some of their customers clock up over 4,000 miles a year. The Krieger and Big Bear can do 4,000 miles a year. The Karoo is specifically built for high milers. As always, if you use your bike to commute, you need a strict routine of maintenance.

Reactions: Perseus

Electric Transport Shop

Official Trade Member
Aug 7, 2010

acm2000

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2015
Ipswich
im 13st and the crank motor on the Krieger makes me fly so you would have no problems with that or the hub driven big bear, also remember they have a showroom in cambridge as well as their shop in southend so maybe make a shopping trip day out of it to camrbidge if you want to try them out.

failing that check out all the various makes and models online and research, research, research before taking the plunge blind.

Last edited:

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Last edited:

acm2000

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2015
Ipswich
I believe trek said a tall person version of the Krieger is coming in December if you need , maybe call them to ask

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the larger Krieger will arrive around Chistmas. 650B wheels, front and rear Avid disc brakes with 180mm rotors, downtube 36V 15AH HL battery with controller inside. should suit sixfooters.

Reactions: damian