George Osborne's 'Northern Powerhouse.....

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Londoners need to be on the lookout for infiltrators from the north attempting to undermine the southern way of life, probably to assist their case that the north desperately requires greater investment in infrastructure and industry.

This recent example illustrates the confrontational approach used by these interlopers, which in this particular incident, led to the perpetrator being arrested. He was later released without charge.

Tom

Reactions: Danidl

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Londoners need to be on the lookout for infiltrators from the north attempting to undermine the southern way of life, probably to assist their case that the north desperately requires greater investment in infrastructure and industry.

This recent example illustrates the confrontational approach used by these interlopers, which in this particular incident, led to the perpetrator being arrested. He was later released without charge.

Tom
I've never understood the myth that Londoners are unfriendly or less friendly than northerners, it's simply not true.

Of course we don't greet each other on crowded streets, and when I've been on the busy streets in northern towns and cities, they too don't greet each other.

When walking in my busy London urban centres I and others don't don't greet. When walking at busier times on the through road of my estate we don't greet, but at quiet times when two people pass on that same street, we do greet or smile.

And when we turn off that road into the nature reserve where the walkers are sparse and often strangers, we all smile, greet and quite often stop to chat, sometimes pairing up to walk together.

It's all a matter of context, and Northerners who mostly only visit our urban centres shoud stop judging us on that basis.

Advertisers