Getting rid of drones

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/19/gatwick-flights-halted-after-drone-sighting

The other day I was sitting on the sofa (probably reading pedelecs) and a movement outside caught my eye. My new flat is a birdwatchers paradise and at first I thought it was a crow or another larger bird. Then I noticed the object was in stationary flight about 10 metres from my bay window, someone was looking into my living room! I got up and went to the window, the drone stayed put for a while and then zipped off behind the small oak wood over the motorway.

At the time I was already considering going to get my gun, next time I won't lose a second! There is no risk of lost bullets, in that direction there is a hill and the motorway anti-noise wall and both are out of range. I know a .177 BB gun isn't enough firepower to bring down a drone, but I hope that the person on the other end of the camera won't like being shot at with live ammunition... "This is not a video game you jerk" would be a nice message to pass along.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
There a bloody menace
When I heard about Gatwick my first thought was shoot it down
Job done

Reactions: LeighPing

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
When I heard about Gatwick my first thought was shoot it down
No, no, no, the news about Gatwick is brilliant, a fantastic opportunity.

Think about it, a swarm of drones able to crash incoming Russian bombers and cruise missiles, defence on the cheap, drones supplied by the public and operated by unpaid volunteers. This is David Cameron's Big Society in action.

We've got Dad's Army, this would be Kids Air Force.

All we'd need then is Mum's Navy.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
No, no, no, the news about Gatwick is brilliant, a fantastic opportunity.

Think about it, a swarm of drones able to crash incoming Russian bombers and cruise missiles, defence on the cheap, drones supplied by the public and operated by unpaid volunteers. This is David Cameron's Big Society in action.

We've got Dad's Army, this would be Kids Air Force.

All we'd need then is Mum's Navy.
Cracking plan as long as they don't practice on commercial aircraft

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
Couldn't they just shine laser pens at them...........................................oh, wait a minute.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I am close to LGW and it is lovely and quiet, for those out in areas like Newdigate,Capel etc it is bliss as they are right under the flight path.
Whether they can locate or apprehend the morons is another thing.

Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Police say they are considering trying to shoot down a drone that has shut Gatwick Airport for more than 24 hours.

what with there potato guns they cant even kill at close range lol.

what you want is one of these mofos ;)
1545347244217.png

• Agree

Crossroads

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
The Dutch have trained great big birds of prey to intercept drones in mid air and carry them back to the handler.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I went to the civil aviation site to read the rules and the operator has broken several laws in my case.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
They'll need to do better to even see them.

The latest news is that the police have released the arrested couple from Crawley without charge, saying they were satisfied that they are no longer suspects.

So in other words they are no further to finding anyone at all after several days of drone disruption. I bet Russia is watching this lack of defence competence with considerable interest!

Last edited:

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
^ and that is just representitive of the shower of half-wits that
They'll need to do better to even see them.

The latest news is that the police have released the arrested couple from Crawley without charge, saying they were satisfied that they are no longer suspects.

So in other words they are no further to finding anyone at all after several days of drone disruption. I bet Russia is watching this lack of defence competence with considerable interest!
This update beggars belief.....
Laurel & Hardy would have handled this better..

Their release came as Sussex Police said they were relying on eye witnesses and there may have been no "genuine drone activity in the first place".

Det Ch Supt Jason Tingley said no footage of a drone had been obtained.

He said there was "always a possibility" the reported sightings of drones were mistaken.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46665615

Reactions: Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
^ and that is just representitive of the shower of half-wits that

This update beggars belief.....
Laurel & Hardy would have handled this better..

Their release came as Sussex Police said they were relying on eye witnesses and there may have been no "genuine drone activity in the first place".

Det Ch Supt Jason Tingley said no footage of a drone had been obtained.

He said there was "always a possibility" the reported sightings of drones were mistaken.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46665615
Almost unbelievable. Reassuring for Sussex criminals, they'll enjoy a relaxed Christmas with that area's police force.

Advertisers