Giant, cube or haibike

peejay42

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 21, 2017
GB
Hi everyone
Been looking around online at different bikes,narrownarrowded down to giant explore e+ from local bike shop £2399, had a great trial and whizzed up hills like they weren't there, yesterday had a go on haibike sduro 4 which was also good, £2249 and next week looking at a cube touring hybrid pro 400 which will be £1999 due to evans trade in discount.
budget is about that a no more,commute is 7.5 miles up and down along the Sussex coast, so 1\2 climbs followed by downs then the same again.
any thoughts on the above or any comments just in general about the particular brands, all appear to be pretty good.
Thanks

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi everyone
Been looking around online at different bikes,narrownarrowded down to giant explore e+ from local bike shop £2399, had a great trial and whizzed up hills like they weren't there, yesterday had a go on haibike sduro 4 which was also good, £2249 and next week looking at a cube touring hybrid pro 400 which will be £1999 due to evans trade in discount.
budget is about that a no more,commute is 7.5 miles up and down along the Sussex coast, so 1\2 climbs followed by downs then the same again.
any thoughts on the above or any comments just in general about the particular brands, all appear to be pretty good.
Thanks
To be honest it’s whatever works best for you
Ride them all and see how you feel

Reactions: chris_n

peejay42

Oct 21, 2017
GB
waiting for the giant explore e +2, felt it was the best test ride by far, now on sale + cyclescheme so only 1750

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Thanks
I have a Cube e-mountain bike and am extremely pleased with it, but I am sure when you are spending that kind of money all three brands are going to have decent bikes that will suit you. As FatRat says your best bet would be to try them all out and buy what you like the most.

One other factor might be to consider buying locally and which brand or brands are in your area.

it is i footpump

Pedelecer
Jul 6, 2018
i was at a car show and there was a giant quick e bike chained to a fence,
I spoke to the owner who was very pleased with it.
when he said 80nm moter and 500w battery.
I went to local giant dealer (radlet Hertfordshire) they had giant quick e which was on offer at £2000 reduced from £2500 approx.
the quick e I saw at car show had no front suspention.
but they do a model with front sus .and rear rack same price.

I did not try giant e but asked price of new 500 battery was £475 bosch 500w ones are about £700

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0383.JPG

thats a dealers invoice btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: Julie

peejay42

Oct 21, 2017
GB
got the giant yesterday, great bike so far, got from a local bike shop, set up perfectly and great customer service, only trouble for other buyers the owner said he had a waiting list for next years 2109 model as nearly all the 2018 explore e 2 are gone

Reactions: oyster

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
only trouble for other buyers the owner said he had a waiting list for next years 2109
I wonder what ebikes will be like by 2109, flying bikes perhaps lol. On a serious note, I am sure you will enjoy your new bike. It's nice if you have a LBS that provides great service. I bought mine locally, its handy is something goes wrong, although I am sure you wont have any trouble.

Eagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2012
peejay42,

How you are getting on with your Giant Explore +2?

How does it perform on the hills?

Do you need to keep up a high cadence?

What happens when you reach the 15.5 mph cutoff speed? Do you feel as if you pedalling through treacle or is there little resistance?

Have you had any problems with it?

Last edited: