Giant Fathom E+ 3 and Ridecontrol app

Artmuzz

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2016
Scotland
I have just bought myself a Giant Fathom E+ 3 eBike to replace my ageing Carerra Crossfire E and it is lovely bike. I decided to go for the Fathom E+ 3 over the E+ 2 because it was cheaper and if I want to buy a separate larger battery and replace the suspension fork for a better one then I can do it at a later date (same goes for the hydraulic brakes).

I have an old iPhone 5S and a case for to attach to my Fathom E+ 3 eBike. I see that Giant have an app called Ridecontrol but by looking at the screenshots there doesn’t appear to be the simple basic speed function of mph/kph. Can anyone who uses the app tell me if there is speed function in mph/kph on this app?

Artmuzz

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2016
Scotland
I’m just wanting to know if it’s worth the hassle updating my iPhone to iOS 12 for the Ridecontrol app to work. Ridecontrol doesn’t work on iOS below iOS 9 and I rely on apps that only work on older iOS version.

Fishy

Pedelecer
Nov 16, 2018
Ah, fair enough. Just looked at the app on Google Play store, nearly every review says it's rubbish, either can't connect, or constantly crashes. Sounds like it's not worth updating for, hope this helps.