Giant Lafree twist (photographed)

Rory123

Just Joined
Sep 26, 2018
Hey there, figured I’d consult the experts. Does anyone know whether secondhand sprockets or cassettes are available for this bike at all? I’ve read that giant ditched part production a long time ago so there is limited availability, but I’m holding out for other potential part sellers.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi
Can’t help with your specific question
But welcome to the site
If you have no luck start a thread on the main site threads as more people visit them :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Rory, welcome to the forum. David Henshaw of A to B magazine who is a Lafree enthusiast arranged to have some CNC machined 14 tooth motor sprockets made for your unit. I'm sure he'll still have some, the last price I saw was £15, much cheaper than Giant's before they discontinued them.

You'll find the contact details on the right hand side of this webpage

Giant may have chainwheels still but the contact has to be through their dealers or a Giant Store. You can use this webpage to to enter your city or postcode to find your nearest Giant Dealer.

The Shimano rear hub gear sprockets are available though any good bike dealer. They also fit the SRAM 5 and 7 speed gears that were on some Lafrees.

You may also find this website useful at some future time.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Fat Rat

mel1972

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 22, 2018
Hey there, figured I’d consult the experts. Does anyone know whether secondhand sprockets or cassettes are available for this bike at all? I’ve read that giant ditched part production a long time ago so there is limited availability, but I’m holding out for other potential part sellers.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
hi i have parts i have sprockets and hubs mate if that helps im in lincolnshire