Giant Quick E - EVO display problem

Davidwd

Just Joined
Sep 17, 2017
peterborough
My giant quick got caught in a rainstorm and now the display only switches on for 2 seconds and then switches off. Nothing works at all.
I have tried drying the display and battery connections with a hair dryer but no improvement.
Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Rider88

Just Joined
Feb 4, 2018
Australia
My giant quick got caught in a rainstorm and now the display only switches on for 2 seconds and then switches off. Nothing works at all.
I have tried drying the display and battery connections with a hair dryer but no improvement.
Hi Davidwd, just wondering if you resolved this issue with your bike screen? I’m having the same issue with my 2017 Giant Quick-e...but it hasn’t even been wet. Press the power button and the Giant start-up screen displays for a few seconds then turns off again. Really hoping there is a fix for this issue. Any ideas most appreciated!

Davidwd

Just Joined
Sep 17, 2017
peterborough
Hi Davidwd, just wondering if you resolved this issue with your bike screen? I’m having the same issue with my 2017 Giant Quick-e...but it hasn’t even been wet. Press the power button and the Giant start-up screen displays for a few seconds then turns off again. Really hoping there is a fix for this issue. Any ideas most appreciated!

The only fix for this is a replacement screen which Giant are doing under warranty.

Alistair Paul

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 9, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply. I’ll get onto that warranty claim :)
Hi all
I have the same problem, switches off after 2 seconds, for me it's been relatively dry for the past month. Does a replacement display solve the problem?

Anyone had the chain come off while going over bumps? The chain will jam in between the front chainring and motor cover, it's hard to pull out and will damage the plastic covers.

Attachments

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
I wonder if that's why the 2019 MTB models come with the diminutive Rider One 'display' which relies on a less than perfect bluetooth connection to an Android (or iOS) app!

Alistair Paul

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 9, 2018
I've ridden all through this winter with no problems at all (except punctures). Mine is now at the Giant workshop now under warranty. I've covered 2000 miles since November and chewed through the chain and cassette already.
If it's moisture getting in I'm sure silicon can prevent further issues.

Advertisers