Giant Road E+1 battery charging problems

BigAlSW6

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 17, 2017
Hampshire
Hi all
Can anyone help with a problem I'm having charging my battery?
I connect the charger and all is well for about an hour then the red light on the charger starts to flash and doesn't stop until I disconnect the charger and reconnect it and after a while the same thing happens again, and again.
I'll be grateful for any ideas from you guys.
Thanks
Alan

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi all
Can anyone help with a problem I'm having charging my battery?
I connect the charger and all is well for about an hour then the red light on the charger starts to flash and doesn't stop until I disconnect the charger and reconnect it and after a while the same thing happens again, and again.
I'll be grateful for any ideas from you guys.
Thanks
Alan
Do you possibly have the paperwork for the charger? Maybe the error codes are listed.
Have you the possibility of borrowing and trying a fully compatible charger?
What voltage battery do you have and what chemistry?
Check the voltage of the battery without charger and with charger...Post the voltage values here.
Strange problem, I hope for your sake someone here knows it!
But you may need to mention the manufacturer's name on the charger and the battery as well...
regards
Andy

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
There's a thread on electricbikereview.com all about known faults on Giant bikes, could be worth a look.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Alan,
I have an E+1 and charger and have had it 3 years without issue.. Where are you based? I also have some Ryobi tools that are lithium powered and have experienced the exact problem you describe, with them. The problem turned out to be temperiture related, winter extended cold to be exact, and a few days stored indoors above a radiator solved the problem.