Gloves

Abs_N

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2009
Hi,

Which gloves would users recommend for the winter/summer use. I am after some gloves but want to use them all year round.

There are so many to choose from I just cant decide:(

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Pro Ultimate Wind Blocker Winter Cycling Gloves

I just purchased these and used them last week.

They are quite thin which makes it easy for gears and brake controls but seem to keep your hands warm being wind proof.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I use fingerless gloves in summer as full gloves are far too hot, in winter I have fairly thin winter lycra cycling gloves. They don't have to cost much so two pairs may be better than one multi purpose glove.

Bikerbob

Pedelecer
May 10, 2007
Isle of Man
I'm with Mussels as regards the fingerless gloves in summer. They give a cool and comfortable grip and decent protection if you come off the bike. For winter I bought a pair of cycling gloves with grippy palms from the local bike shop.

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
I too use fingerless ones up to the point when I can't feel my fingers anymore :D .

Just got a pair of these, and I have to say they keep my hands suprisingly warm considering they're so lightweight.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I use fingerless most of the time £14 from decathlon, and winter ones from Lidl £4 are good, but probably not long lasting. if you have big hands probably not suitable as lidl sizing a bit odd.

bought some really nice sports thermals the other day xxl and 48 chest etc...they where tiny! My 16 year old son is as skinny as anything and they just about fit him.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I agree up to now I have had fingerless gloves, but now the temperature has dropped down to 8oc in the morning I purchased these as my fingers were getting cold :eek:

Jerry

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
MTB Fingerless gloves in the summer for me to. Thick padded suede on the inside and netted on the outside. In the winter when my fingers get numb I use Aldi winter cycling gloves. They're not the best especially for long distance but if it's that cold I put the bike up.

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
I've got a pair of snowboard pipe gloves that are great for cycling.

They are made of neoprene like material and have screen printed rubber grip on the fingers and palms.

They are great in the wet as they are the most grippy gloves I have ever used.

They are ok in the cold but you need to keep your fingers moving. On the mountain at -17 sitting still in a chair lift for 20 mins they have frozen solid, so I tend to use them with heat pads. Though I haven't gotten to that stage on the bike yet!

Something like this

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK

I just purchased these and used them last week.
Hmm maybe these are not so good as I first thought. This morning we were down at 6 degrees and my finger tips still got a little cold in these :(

Regards

Jerry

Pedalo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2009
I recently got some inner gloves from Decathalon for about a fiver. I've not used them yet but expect to soon...

Thunder457

Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2009
Windsurf or canoe gloves are ideal for cycling, mostly made of neoprene and grippy palms, they are designed to hold cold wet bars and are windproof too. Nice bright colours are an advantage too!

uk_steve

Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2007
Folkestone Kent
well for me i have lightweight black doormen gloves with slash resistance kevler pro
with my high vis jacket i look more like old bill when i ride at night

but i would like to get some proper cycling style gloves really

my budget is around £10 to £20

any recomendations on warm wind resistant winter use gloves which are not bulky on the hand

so far i like the look of these on the bay

thanks in advance

Madison 'Element' Warm & Windproof gloves..Size (L) on eBay (end time 04-Dec-09 11:23:17 GMT)

NOOKIE XTREME 2mm NEOPRENE CANOE KAYAK JETSKI GLOVES L on eBay (end time 27-Nov-09 17:00:27 GMT)

Last edited:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I think I'm in the market for some new gloves, flippin cold this morning...did 14 miles and had to stop as I'd lost all feeling in my fingers.....found the battery rack bag was nice and warm so stuffed my hands in the bag for a few mins and thawed out! :D

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I think I'm in the market for some new gloves, flippin cold this morning...did 14 miles and had to stop as I'd lost all feeling in my fingers.....found the battery rack bag was nice and warm so stuffed my hands in the bag for a few mins and thawed out! :D
I found the cheap Lidl/Aldi ones a bit chilly, if it rains too then they are horrible. Time to find something else that isn't too bulky, I wish I had my old windsurfing gloves still.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Yes perhaps not always good to go by formal reviews. Mine above were purchased after a review I looked at in a mag :mad:

This moring they were ok but I wore a second pair of fingerless gloves on top :p

Regards

Jerry

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I've just been for a wander round CycleSurgery and Evans to look at winter gloves, I came away empty handed.
The gloves were all in a jumble with summer and winter mixed, a couple of pairs said they were very warm but were much too thin to convince me. There were lots of people looking at the gloves, I'd have expected them to realise this today and make it a bit easier to find winter gloves.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
The 2010 Thor Ride gloves look good but can't find anybody in the UK selling them....