is it just my connection or has the internal navigation on the site slowed down
mike

Last edited:

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi Mike,

there are a couple of periods during the day/night where backups take place. Also we are currently migrating over to a new server at our hosting company although we are promised there will be no downtime!

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
I never know with these things whether its my PC, the ISP (still on dial-up, am I the last one?! :D) or at the other end, but I've also found the site a bit slower to access of late, say last month or so. I'm only flagging it up in response to mikes post, in case there is something needs addressing: I'd really hate to lose access to pedelecs :). My ISP is onetel dialup, in case thats relevant.

Stuart.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi Stuart,

you'll be pleased to know we are moving to a new server over the next week or so (and also a completely new front-end to the site although this might take a bit longer as we'll run both side by side until we are happy to switch over). We are quite lucky in that we are not on a shared hosting platform where we are fighting with dozens or even hundreds of other sites for bandwith.

There are three sites on our current server and I know one of them has been having problems due to a particular search wizard hogging server resources.

As ever thats only part of the story though, as there are many other links in the chain!

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Thanks Russ, sounds good :). Maybe we're just filling the databanks with too much good information :D... or maybe I just need a new computer, or a full reinstall! ;)

Stuart.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The site has some elements, the ad link pages I think, which block my Onspeed and causes a stall just before the final load point. By stopping Onspeed I get going again, bit of a nuisance though.

ITSPETEINIT

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2006
Mere, Wilts
Timed Out

Every night about this time (00.01) I have problems accessing the Forum, or, having accessed it, connecting to links provided in postings.
Very frustrating because it's 'past my bedtime' and my memory is too fragile to hold until morning.
Peter

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi Peter,

a backup is performed during the night but there should be minimal effect on the server as it is configured not to overload it with requests from the database.

Which links are you referring to? Are they external i.e. to other sites?

ITSPETEINIT

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2006
Mere, Wilts
My favourite time

Hi Peter,

a backup is performed during the night but there should be minimal effect on the server as it is configured not to overload it with requests from the database.

Which links are you referring to? Are they external i.e. to other sites?
Hello Russ:
Did I mention my memory? :)
I cannot recall but I will make a note the next time it happens, (or doesn't, as the case may be), maybe tonight if there are any links in the postings or just getting from one posting to another.
Regards
Peter

ITSPETEINIT

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2006
Mere, Wilts
Going quicker

Hello Russ:
Did I mention my memory? :)
I cannot recall but I will make a note the next time it happens, (or doesn't, as the case may be), maybe tonight if there are any links in the postings or just getting from one posting to another.
Regards
Peter
Hello Russ:
All was good last night. No problem logging on or moving from thread to thread.
There were no links to click on.
Regards
Peter

Advertisers