Good for all the family :)

Hitched my 4 year old up to the back of my good lady's off-roader and took him for a little ride on the tag along around Stamner Park today.
Although we stuck to the main wide paths for the most part, we did take in a section of 'Doctors Orders' with a few log obstacles etc. that he took in his stride and thoroughly enjoyed.
The Schwalbe Smarts Sams were not by choice, they were just what's on here bike as an all rounder. Mud shedding ability = zero. - Really made me realise how good my tyres are.
TagOffRoad1.jpg

Checkout "trail-gator", more versatile as it can be used with kids bikes.
Thanks. That's the next step..
I imagine I'll be towing him up and then he's able to ride sections on his own.
Good times to come :)

Sent from here to there with computer wizardry.

Reactions: KirstinS

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Hitched my 4 year old up to the back of my good lady's off-roader and took him for a little ride on the tag along around Stamner Park today.
Although we stuck to the main wide paths for the most part, we did take in a section of 'Doctors Orders' with a few log obstacles etc. that he took in his stride and thoroughly enjoyed.
The Schwalbe Smarts Sams were not by choice, they were just what's on here bike as an all rounder. Mud shedding ability = zero. - Really made me realise how good my tyres are.
View attachment 17209
You lucky man

Reactions: brightonebikes

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Thanks. That's the next step..
I imagine I'll be towing him up and then he's able to ride sections on his own.
Good times to come :)

Sent from here to there with computer wizardry.
Trailgator won't work with 20" bike that has shocks, maybe OK with solid forks. He is a few years away from 20".

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Trailgator won't work with 20" bike that has shocks, maybe OK with solid forks. He is a few years away from 20".
I'm pretty sure I've used trailgators with 20" bikes (sus forks) before now. Almost certain. I'm quite tall and like my saddle very high though.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
I'm pretty sure I've used trailgators with 20" bikes (sus forks) before now. Almost certain. I'm quite tall and like my saddle very high though.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
It may depend on kids bike, a case of try before you buy.

Related Articles

Advertisers