Got myself a Powacycle Salisbury LPX

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
I've read and reread all the views, reviews etc., on here and for me, I know that I should really choose a Kalkhoff, so how come I became the owner of a Salisbury LPX last week? Well, just having lost an amount that would buy a Pro Connect (from my savings in the recent stockmarket shenanigans), in effect, I have to regard myself as having already bought one. It's money that's gone. When I looked at what else was available cheaply, I was really taken at what was on offer from Powacycle for £599. I don't think you can get much better below that price for late 2008.

Then on eBay I spotted a seller offering his 'as new' 4 month old Salisbury LPX for sale and so little used that the battery had only been charged the once. I then put a query on here about Lithium batteries standing for 3 to 4 months without charging and was reassured by Flecc that it would probably be okay. It was, but still I allowed £200 in the bidding for a new battery, just to be safe. I 'won' the bid, £1 below my maximum at £360. Phew!

Now that's just up my street - £360 for a four month old, little used bike. My thoughts were: it's not highly rated as a powerful bike, so at that low cost I can have some inexpensive fun upgrading, even possibly fitting a more powerful motor, (eBay bargains permitting).

When I collected it from the seller he admitted to why he sold-up so soon after buying new, (checked his feedback and there it was, one LPX bought from an online retailer in Scotland in June of this year). And that was because on trying to commute to work on it, he found the whole experience in rush hour traffic quote 'a terrifying ordeal', and had retreated back to the tin box. Oh well.

Nearly six days later I have to say: I can't remember when I last had so much fun!

Who said these bikes were best used for commuting to work? I'm self-employed so don't do a daily commute, so it's going to be used for shopping errands, odd-jobs, getting about and recreation, and hopefully to regain some of my former fitness, and lose that unwanted excess weight I'm carrying. But mainly because I thought I might have to give up traditional cycling for good. Shortly before I joined this forum about a month ago I developed crippling pains in my heel, 24/7. I've been diagnosed as having Plantar Fasciitis. Mowing the lawn left me crippled in agony. Walking any distance is now out of the question. So tried my bikes for one last time with a view to selling up and discovered that the pain miraculously disappeared completely when I cycled. Off the bike, and the pain reappears instantly. Anyway, hospital appointment next month; see what's what. It was about then that converting to pedelec transport started to form in my mind, and the Salisbury LPX is the result.

First thing, I'm very heavy and need to lose about 3 stone in weight to regain my ideal weight-to-height ratio. Even so, the Salisbury gently hurls me about without concern. Really, it just bowls along, (pedelec mode is best; throttle being useful for a gentle getaway from the front of traffic lights, or when you're just plain tired). Also, at 6' 2" tall I find the bike in stock form almost unrideable with my legs bent at a permanent right-angle thoughout the pedal cycle - with the seatpost at maximum extension! Today a brand new, beautifully turned out, extra-long 400mm seatpost arrived courtesy of an eBay bicycle retailer £12.49 all in. Haven't fitted it yet, as meeting up with a pal for lunch tomorrow and promised him a test ride, and I don't want to risk my new seatpost gaining some scratches from adjusting to fit.

And that's just the start. Future imminent upgrades are:
- 175mm cranks, (Stock is 170mm).
- Steering riser, (one I've identified boasts 5 inches of height increase).
- 120mm longer reach handlebar stem, (stock stem is 100mm and too short for me).
- Shwalbe City Jet super-fast slick tyres, (would like the 1.95 but reviews recommend and concentrate on the faster 1.5 width).
- Bar-ends for the handlebars
- Threaded freewheel with sprockets going down to 34T, (already got that), stock freewheel only goes down to 28T.
- Derailleur to handle the larger spread.
(Have all the above of reasonable quality on 'watch' on eBay).

Oh, and some decent quality V-brake blocks - whatever I try, just cannot get the front brakes to stop squealing, they defy toeing-in!

I had fully intended to replace the suspension forks for lighter non-suspension forks as most reviews complain about them; but to my surprise I find no issues with them, perhaps my weight keeps them more fully depressed from the off and less likely to clatter and jump up and down.

The throttle response can only be described as gentle, but it does work. However progress is much more forceful when the bike is used in the pedelec mode. Finally after being amazed at all the hills and steep climbs that the little bike floated up without duress, I headed for two 'killer' hills of which I can only climb on my pushbike touring bike's extremely low 21" gear, and then drenched in the sweat of exhaustion. But with the Salisbury's hill climbing gear of only 37" it was almost a forgone conclusion - it petered out half way up, on both hills. I got off to push the bike up, and was met with immediate pain in my heel. However, using the throttle the bike was 'all go', and I let it drag me to the top which reduced the pain in my heel somewhat as the bike literally heaved me up and lightened the weight on my left heel. About three quarters of the way up I was too exhausted to climb aboard and pedal so standing on the pedal with my one good foot I gunned the throttle and the bike sailed up to the top, believe it or not it was quite relaxing. Useful thing to have a throttle in addition to the pedelec mode. I'm withholding my final opinion until I've fitted that low 34T freewheel and 175mm cranks, but it does appear true that the Salisbury will do most hills but not the very steepest that are draining even just to walk up.

Tried to recondition the battery as I don't know if it ever has been done, but I could not manage to get that last light to give up the ghost in an attempt to fully discharge for reconditioning. I left it on charge for 6 hours, not realising there is no 'green' light to inform when it's fully charged. Nor do I know if the charger automatically ceases charging once the battery is fully charged. I'll repeat that process once more then charge as soon as there is a hint of one light remaining.

I'll wait until the 2009 Kalkhoffs are fully reviewed before making a further decision about next year, (hopefully they'll fit one with a SRAM Dualdrive - what the Pro Connect is crying out for).

- However, if all the upgrades make a huge difference to my Salisbury, I might not bother trading in bikes at all, I'm that pleased with it; especially as financially, its initial cost was so small it's left me with room to manoeuvre with upgrades. If you're on a budget, the Salisbury has to be on the list. AtoB rate it quite highly too, awarding it 4 out of 5 stars, describing it overall as 'Genteel'.

And that I'd agree with - a 4 star genteel pedelec/e-bike.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The Powacycle Salisbury has always been good value Danny, but with many other bike prices rising, it's become a genuine bargain at £599. To have got such a good one for under £360 is wonderful luck.

The upgrades will improve it further, and when you come to upgrade to another bike you'll be able to get much of your outlay back again.

Pro Connect with a DualDrive? Possibly on the high speed S model, since BikeTech do them on their Panasonic motored Flyers with that motor, and on their carbon fibre models, but I won't be holding my breath.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Twice as nice!

Danny,

Welcome to the world of the THROTTLE-JOCKEY'S. That really is a bargain!

And what a coincidence, two members posting their delight with the SALISBURY in one day.

Happy riding

Bob

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
Pro Connect with a DualDrive? Possibly on the high speed S model, since BikeTech do them on their Panasonic motored Flyers with that motor, and on their carbon fibre models, but I won't be holding my breath.
Whilst making a decision to go with the Salisbury the thought did occur to me that next year, if enough Pro Connect owners trade-in their current bike for an improved 2009 model, that I could maybe purchase a second hand Pro Connect, (second hand Pro Connect, does such an animal exist?) at a greatly reduced price with enough of a saving against new to ask a good quality wheel-builder to build me a 36 spoked SRAM Dual drive with rims of my choice, (Mavic Open Pro's maybe?) maybe both front and rear, selling the 'old' wheels on eBay. Imagine, instead of choosing one sprocket from between 23 to 18 and living with your choice as at present, being able to have on hand, effectively the lot, and choose at will, for any conditions.
P.S. And thanks for your advice on the battery, (another thread somewhere). It helped form my decision to put a bid in.

Danny, Welcome to the world of the THROTTLE-JOCKEY'S.
Thanks Bob. I thought I was a pedelec-only man, but luxury is having a bike with BOTH. From time to time everyone is going to feel exhausted at some time or other, overcooking things, perhaps underestimating the ferocity of a hilly area. And that's when the throttle comes riding to the rescue! Sheer bliss when it's one of those occasions when you've 'blown up' and the bike, under throttle control, gently and quietly trots you home like a cowboy asleep on a horse that knows its own way back to the ranch. :)

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The Pro Connect was only introduced this spring Danny, so it may be a little while before some appear on the second hand market, though the odd one could pop up, and second hand prices can be quite a lot down on new.

There could be problems with having dualdrive though. The tensioner has suffered chain derailing problems even on single speed, and I notice the S models have a different arrangement altogether.

The other thing is the chain gauge. The standard gauge is 1/8th and the chainwheel on the old units wouldn't accept 3/16" derailleur chain, so that may also be true on the current unit. That could leave you dependent on getting the right spares or having the chainwheel milled down for width.

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
Ahh that problematic tensioner; plenty on here have complained of chain derailment due to tensioner design inadequacies.

For the moment I've plenty to occupy me bringing the Salisbury up to spec. I'm determined to get it up those mighty 'killer' hills! (I can cycle up them SEATED on my pushbikes - not at all easy, but possible). Didn't mention it, but I'm also looking at fitting a double chainset. Took the chainguard off for a looksee and was surprised to find that there appears to be in effect two left-hand cranks employed. The chainwheel (40T), being entirely independent of the crank which is bereft of the four or five, 'spider' arms. What gives with that set up I wonder? If I can sort that out, I can then fashion a fixture to affix a front changer to it.
The easy stuff first though; just a case of take off - and fit the new sizing's.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
All the Panasonic motor bikes are like that as well Danny, a chainwheel independent of the crank so that the chainwheel has a freewheel as well as the one at the rear.

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
All the Panasonic motor bikes are like that as well Danny, a chainwheel independent of the crank so that the chainwheel has a freewheel as well as the one at the rear.
The more I learn about these electric bikes, the less I know. Everything gets stranger and stranger, like 'Alice through the looking Glass'.

Ettica

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2008
Heskin Lancashire
I left it on charge for 6 hours, not realising there is no 'green' light to inform when it's fully charged. Nor do I know if the charger automatically ceases charging once the battery is fully charged.

Hi Danny

I have a Salisbury LPX
The green light shows up on the black charger when its fully charged.

Sounds like you got a bargain.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The more I learn about these electric bikes, the less I know. Everything gets stranger and stranger, like 'Alice through the looking Glass'.
It's even stranger than I let on with the Panasonic units, since the chain transmission on those has three freewheels!

There's the usual rear hub one to allow freewheeling, another on the chainwheel to ensure that motor overrun doesn't kick the pedals from under a rider's feet ( :eek: ), and a third one behind the motor's chain drive sprocket to allow pedalling without the motor running like above the cutoff point.

The funny part is when someone new to it wants to oil the chain by trickling oil while turning a pedal backwards, because the chain stays still! It's only possible to do that with the back wheel off the ground and then pedalling forward or turning the rear wheel backwards.

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
The green light shows up on the black charger when its fully charged.
Many thanks for that info Ettica; I was certain something wasn't quite right. Read your post earlier this morning so popped the battery back on the charger at 8:30am.

By 9:30am I had to leave the house on business and STILL the charger was on the red light and hot to touch so I knew it was kicking out the juice, (total charging time so far: 7 hours!) I had come to accept that due to it's unusual start in life, the battery had never received a full conditioning and I would have my work cut out to get it back to normal standards. So as I only expected to be out of the house for 90 minutes tops, I left the battery and charger in situ doing their thing. As it turned out I was back one hour later at 10:30am and lo and behold, joy of joys, the charger was displaying a green light! Just as I'd come to accept that one of them might be playing up. Not only that, but the charger was now warm only to the touch and had cooled down from 'hot'. So just under 8 hours in total to achieve it's first conditioning cycle. I'll do the same again after the battery discharges the current load, and then charge as and when like everybody else, without waiting for a full discharge. Once again thanks for the info - I just knew there should be a green light - and I'm pleased it does automatically cease charging if left connected after the green light status has been achieved. Cheers!

It's even stranger than I let on with the Panasonic units, since the chain transmission on those has three freewheels.
Three freewheels!?! Three? Holey Moley!!!

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
End of the afternoon today saw me replacing the stock seatpost with the first of my planned upgrades: the extra long 400mm seatpost on my Salisbury LPX. So no more seat-post suspension. I'm still using the stock saddle, which is okay for the 'shortish' test runs I'm carrying out at the moment, but maybe not so in the future. (Bonus: Weighed the old suspension seatpost and it came in at 601grams. The new longer 'fixed' seatpost cost only £12.49 all-in, but has the feel of lightweight quality about it, weighing 243 grams less!
- Coming in at only 358 grams - more length for less weight :D hee hee!)

Although it was clearly 99% better, comfortable and totally live-able with, (my toes now barely brushing the ground, when coming to a halt due to the bike's mountainbike-style high bottom bracket design), I still felt a tiny little extra would be just perfect, but it was on maximum extension; so the 175 cranks are a definite upgrade soon.

That's the compromise you have to accept with one-frame-size-fits-all-manufacturers, it doesn't fit all and you've got to endure a lot of fiddling if you're on either the tall side or the short side to get comfortable.

Anyway, out on the road and after a week of scrunched up legs the difference was as dramatic as night and day; pedalling speed, (cadence), and force, (without trying any harder), just shot up!

I was so pleased with the result I headed out for the two 'killer hills' again that had cruelly chewed me up and spat me out the other day. Already I had covered twice the mileage testing the new position before I reached the first and worst of the two nasty hills.

- Here goes, and up I went breathing quietly and calmly, cranks spinning, steadily dropping through the gears, all the time feeling the contribution from the bike's motor. Halfway came and went, which is as far as I got last time, now I was in my very last gear and already approaching the three-quarters mark - and carried on past that, easily. Another gear was needed but there were none left, pedaling speed dropped and all of a sudden it felt like the motor had decided it was half-day closing and I was starting to labour. I'm 85% near the top - I could force the issue and conquer the hill drenched in sweat with lungs heaving, but that's not the pedelec way is it? So I dismounted rather than carry on to prove a point. However, once I stopped to catch my breath and remove some clothing, and greatly refreshed, I remounted and comfortably finished the job off easily with the motor contributing fully to the increased cadence of my pedalling; rewarding myself with a free ride on throttle-only once I crested the top.

I wonder how many new cyclists take delivery of their boxed electric bike and make do with the stock items fitted to the bike. Sitting on the saddle and in your normal cycling shoes your instep should fit on the peddle so that your leg is ramrod straight - meaning that when you place your foot correctly on the pedal with the ball of your foot, there is the slightest of flex in your leg so that on the down stroke you are not overstretching your leg. My position with the factory supplied equipment meant my legs were terribly cramped and only released to maximum efficiency by purchasing a longer seatpost; the result was that I nearly conquered the 'killer hill' in one go, which I will when I manage to fit the 175mm cranks, perfect for a) my height and b) longer cranks effectively give you one size better on your last sprocket for climbing. (P.S. 175mm cranks not suitable for average or shorter height riders.)

I'm still not totally satisfied with the frame, it's not long enough for me and I find I'm cycling very upright, which again is not conducive to efficient propulsion. Using an old quick measurement test with my elbow against the nose of the saddle and extending my forearm towards the handlebars I find that my outstretched fingers pass by the stem and touch the handlebars. On my correctly sized pushbikes the outstretched fingers just brush, falling short of the handlebar stem; well short of the handlebars themselves. All-in-all it has the effect on the Salisbury of making me feel I'm far too forward over the handlebars, with my feet naturally sliding forward on the pedals as the cranks are too short for my height. Both will be corrected in due course. THEN I can attend to improving the range of gears available.

Anyway I turned round and freewheeled down the monster hill, brakes nearly full on, and made my way to the second of the hills, and to my surprise, this time I 'floated' up effortlessly, feeling the motor contributing every pedal stroke of the way.

Not even on my super-climbing pushbike have I managed the second hill without stopping halfway before continuing. And no heavy breathing involved. And all down to correct positioning. I'm getting there. Number one hill is running scared, I can tell.

P.S. Getting rid of the suspension seatpost for a 'fixed' seatpost, didn't impair the ride quality, in fact it IMPROVED the comfort. Weird.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Nice job Danny, good to hear of someone setting up their bike properly for the best all round performance. I'm not surprised you find the new seatpost more comfortable with the stable position it gives you, and the 175 mm cranks should be a finishing touch for your height. (Being shorter I use 160 mm ones on my main bike).

I doubt if many Salisburys get such a thorough setting up. :)

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
I'm using this thread as a kind of online diary to check up progress against my original planned upgrades to the Salisbury LPX. Have a couple of items on the way, in the meantime I fitted a wireless cycle computer, (eBay), to finally get an accurate reading of distance per charge/per type of terrain.

Today it's gently undulating territory with one steepish, but comfortable hill involved. Should be 20 miles all told. Will the Salisbury cover it with my weight?

After playing about with the throttle control and throwing killer hills at the Salisbury last week (the killer hill won), I've been surprised to travel the same route by petrol driven vehicle and measured it at over 20 miles - all that messing about - and with my weight too! (Weighed myself today, and it's gone up! 18 Stone!!! How's that happened - I'm sure it's nothing I'm doing :) )

Anyway, today to get an accurate reading in one day, (the above occurred over two trips), I fitted the cycle computer and set off with absolutely no throttle use whatsoever - pedelec only. Straight away, the brand new computer informed me I was travelling at 99.9 mph. It did fall back to 75mph occasionally, but mainly it was buried in 99.9 mph - I'm that fast.

Disappointed that the days events were ruined, (didn't want to dismantle the computers from my other bikes), I set out on a route where I was certain the return distance was roughly 20 miles. Throughout the ride I was never troubled by over exertion, sweat or exhaustion; in fact if you've been stuck indoors at work all day today, you missed a beautiful sunny day for bike riding. It's been great.

Anyway, back home 1 hour and 8 minutes later I assumed I'd covered 20 miles, but I didn't believe I'd averaged over 17mph. Keen to know the actual distance I elected to travel the exact same route on my beautiful pushbike folder, a Dahon TR , and the trusty Cateye Mity2 computer on its handlebars. Just before I'm about to set off there's a knock at the door: one of the neighbours wants me to lend a hand picking up an elderly neighbour who's collapsed - too heavy to be hauled back up by the neighbour's friend. That done and waiting until things settled to see that all was well again I returned to set off again on the Folder, only it was approaching 4pm now. Traffic was now heavy and as it turned out nasty, very nasty, if they could've managed to kill me I'm certain they'd have cheered. I only use the folder for short trips so as it was was sunny and I was in a good frame of mind , (before the car drivers and van driver assassins had met up with me), I wanted to stretch the legs of the folder a little and compare performance to the electric bike. So far I was of the opinion that the Salisbury wasn't very fast at all, and had decided that I probably travelled faster by my ordinary bikes than I did by e-bike. Strange how the lack of exertion on an e-bike makes one downgrade the ground you're covering. It was soon apparent that I was travelling much slower than the e-bike - I didn't need a computer to tell me that much. How I ever thought my average speed was higher than the e-bike is a mystery, as every cyclist I encountered overtook me and left me far behind. Time to admit that the passing years, the increasing body weight, and more importantly, the less and less time spent on my bikes had taken their toll.

As it turned out the total out-and-return route wasn't 20 miles but just under 13.75 miles. So the Salisbury had covered it effortlessly with currently unfit and overweight rider at an average speed of 12mph. On the Folder I covered the route in 1 hour 28 minutes, 20 minutes longer than it took me on the Salisbury, and thus travelling at an average lower speed of just over 9mph. Although the Folder's Cateye computer told me my maximum speed at one point was 31.5 mph.

The Salisbury still had 2 out of 3 lights on, so I still don't know it's capabilities on one charge over one day. Bugger! Time to see what the eBay seller says about my 99.9mph computer; hope it's not: 'What you want a slower computer? Well no one else has complained so far'.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That perception about speed is so true on e-bikes Danny.

There's a variation on that with regards to pedalling. When battery testing in the first half of the year I was doing virtually all of the riding without pedalling,and the perception was that I was travelling very slowly, and it was boring.

Adding pedalling completely changed the perception, despite the speeds being exactly the same. Suddenly it seemed I was making great progress and it didn't seem in any way boring.

And don't worry about that weight gain by the way, it's pure muscle. :D

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Touch 'n' go

Hi Danny

Oh yes, what a beautiful day it was. Being able to hop on the bike at a minutes notice is just one of the many bonuses of retirement.

Passing one of the many lakes we have in Swindon, I pulled up alongside another couple of skivers, and watched a group of Cygnets doing "circuits and bumps" on the lake. The two adult Swans were just watching the performance of their offspring with no apparent tuition. On one particular flight, the five Cygnets took off in perfect formation, banked around the back of the Island and then swooped low and fast over our heads before executing a perfect fighter style landing...and the darned camera was at home!!.

Forcast for tomorrow, same again, guess where I'm going, WITH a camera!

Best wishes

Bob

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
Hi Danny

Oh yes, what a beautiful day it was. Being able to hop on the bike at a minutes notice is just one of the many bonuses of retirement.

Passing one of the many lakes we have in Swindon, I pulled up alongside another couple of skivers, and watched a group of Cygnets doing "circuits and bumps" on the lake. The two adult Swans were just watching the performance of their offspring with no apparent tuition. On one particular flight, the five Cygnets took off in perfect formation, banked around the back of the Island and then swooped low and fast over our heads before executing a perfect fighter style landing...and the darned camera was at home!!.

Forcast for tomorrow, same again, guess where I'm going, WITH a camera!

Best wishes

Bob
That's just the ticket Bob. Comfortable biking that allows you to stop and look. It's not all about how-much-speed-and-how-far; there's things to see on the way. What better on a sunny day with the long shadows of golden autumn sunshine?

Heavy day working tomorrow, so not free until very late in the afternoon, where I'll be running the Salisbury into total discharge and then add that mileage to today's for the latest can-do mileage, (I've only got the maker's claim of 27 to 37 miles to go on), and I suppose that's for an 'average' weighted rider, which I'm not.

P.S. Why not post your e-biking photos on here?

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
Can't believe it!

After only having time to complete 13.75 miles yesterday on the Salisbury, I failed to totally discharge the battery and learn what distances per charge I can expect from it for various terrains and riding style, returning home with 2 out of 3 lights still showing due to a new, but faulty, cycle computer. The manufacturer states 27 to 37 miles per charge, but being heavily built I was prepared to accept coming in well below their guidelines. So during the evening yesterday I went out in the car and measured out a 10 mile out-and-return course, with way-marks every mile to try finishing off the battery today.

As it turned out I finished the 10 mile course , (now making a total of (23.75 miles AND STILL there were two lights showing!) Didn't want to risk being out of power on 'the course' so I carried on to the the local shopping centre which I knew from many a year is two miles away, so reasonably accurate guesstimates - Off I set and finally reached the shopping centre with just a hint of the second light about to flicker out. On the return journey it fell to one light and went into it's customary end-of-charge cut-out and cut-back-in type of power delivery. As soon as I crested the final hill the second light came back on, but as the travelling was easier I knew it was all over for the battery. Back home try as I may I couldn't quite kill the second light. I went up and down the street in an effort to leave just the one light only to find that when drawing back up to the garage doors the second light would flicker back into life - so off I went again, up and down the street. Convinced I was now in one light territory I packed up for the day, (the performance was far from satisfactory now, very cut-out and 'parachute-braking' type effect), and took the battery in for it's final conditioning charge. Out of curiosity I put the key in the battery as I walked to the house and the second light was back on! Doh!

Anyway, I still can't believe it - 27 miles per charge, right on the manufacturer's nose! Ow's that for a heavyweight on a 'budget' electric bike? (37 miles if you're of 'average' weight I suppose then).

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
So much fun for so little

Hi Danny,

My my, how easy you are to please!. I wonder what your response would be were you to ride the magnificent Wisper 905!

The Salisbury: inexpensive, unpretentious yet still able to deliver. I think it's all a matter of expectations.

I suspect, If I were an importer, I would probably give up on trying to satisfy the demands made by some.

There is only just so much that can be expected from these machines given the limitations of the type approval.

Yes Danny, I will soon share some of my rural expeditions with plenty of photo's. I've been a bit busy with the winter bedding plants this week.

Watch this space as they say.

All the best

Bob