GPS tracker

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
stolen hi end bike frames are worthless unless you sit on them for years out of site thus why they will just cut the bike in half than the lock as if its going in a van anyway no need to ride it away.

they want

forks
rear sus
wheels
drive train
brakes

thus why a 1k bike is worth £100 stolen, my bike would be 600 quid
When my £2600 Trek was stolen a bloke bought it, he told the police, for £600. He then sold it to Cash Converters for £1000. They had it on sale for £1650 when I reclaimed it.
I had already been paid out in full by the insurance company but offered them £500 for the bike, which they accepted.

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
Your probably right! I read it that he offered cash converters the £500
No, the insurance company paid me the full amount for the stolen bike which I used to purchase a new bike. Two months later, after a tip off, I found the bike advertised in a local Cash Converters and went there with the police, who I may add were brilliant with concern and keeping me updated.
The bike now belonged to the insurance company who asked me if I wanted to collect the bike for them and if I was interested in making an offer for it. I did immediately consider offering a tenner but thought I was being fair with £500 which they accepted. They probably couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of retrieving and disposing of the bike.
May I add that the manager of said shop didn’t seem overly concerned about having a stolen bike, almost as if it was an everyday occurrence.

• Dislike
Reactions: ebiker99