Great UK BBS02 supplier.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Looking for a UK based BBS02 supplier last weekend and came across eBikeSystems on eBay.
Had them on at £440 but had a website link so checked that out and it was £399 + £4.99 shipping.
They also offered a headlight that plugs into the motor directly for free instead of the usual £10.
Ordered Saturday night and it came Tuesday morning.
Came with full instructions, a BB tightening tool, a good quality crank puller and even a pair of white cotton gloves.
Also had plenty of cable ties and 4 250 watt stickers.43040

Peddlin' Pedro

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
West Sussex, UK
Similar experience with a BBSHD order; everything that should be in the box was there, plus a light I wasn't expecting. Saad also has spares available that aren't listed on the site so if you need any extras (sensor extension cables etc.) email him before ordering as he may well have them. He's also very helpful and generally pretty quick responding to enquiries too.

Last edited:

Peddlin' Pedro

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
West Sussex, UK
Thanks for letting us know about this. Can I just ask if you know that they are genuine Bafang?
Can't say I'm aware of any BBS copies/clones in circulation and couldn't find any reference to them with a quick search. That's not to say they don't exist but I'm not sure the cost of cloning something as complex as a mid-drive would be a particularly profitable enterprise. Have you heard otherwise?

Reactions: Klang180

Klang180

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
exeter
Can't say I'm aware of any BBS copies/clones in circulation and couldn't find any reference to them with a quick search. That's not to say they don't exist but I'm not sure the cost of cloning something as complex as a mid-drive would be a particularly profitable enterprise. Have you heard otherwise?
No I haven't but I am very weary as clones are rife in almost all areas of Amazon/Ebay on almost all products, so I assumed this might be the same. It's probably legit though, I just wanted to ask in case it was something that had been considered as I am thinking of one of those myself.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
motor companies build their motors with bought in parts very much like bike companies build their bikes with bought in parts. They do design some of the parts but over time, copies come up with minor changes.
If you want to be sure, insist on seeing a picture the serial number label affixed to the packaging/carton which will tell you which company makes/assembles your motor. For BBSes, the label should say Bafang on it with serial number, batch number, manufacturing date, customer name, order number etc.

Peddlin' Pedro

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
West Sussex, UK
motor companies build their motors with bought in parts very much like bike companies build their bikes with bought in parts. They do design some of the parts but over time, copies come up with minor changes.
If you want to be sure, insist on seeing a picture the serial number label affixed to the packaging/carton which will tell you which company makes/assembles your motor. For BBSes, the label should say Bafang on it with serial number, batch number, manufacturing date, customer name, order number etc.
Reasonably confident the one I got is legit. Difficulty is that if the sku is for the domestic market, i.e. another Chinese distributor or reseller, the labelling will likely be different to that for export markets. What issues might someone encounter with a drive that wasn't assembled by Bafang?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it does not matter much, the components will probably be the same but Bafang has excellent reputation for quality control, in my experience, their BBSes are 100% in good working order from the box, no surprise there.
At the end of the day, you are covered by the warranty with the seller, unless you buy abroad.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Thanks for letting us know about this. Can I just ask if you know that they are genuine Bafang?
Yes, Genuine and this years model.