Help! Greenedge CS2 ebike

Scotdick

Just Joined
May 26, 2019
Help please !
I have a Greenedge CS2, bought secondhand, done 1900 miles.
The speedo section of the LSD display does not work, everything else on the display works. I've replaced the PAS sensor, no joy with speedo. Anyone any ideas of how it can be fixed? Spoken to Ebikes Direct, I would have to take the bike into them, that's a 500 mile round trip, too much. Don't really want to spend more hundreds to sort it out, as already replaced chain, freewheel, grips, brake disk pads etc.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Richard

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Does it show 0 mph at all.

Scotdick

Just Joined
May 26, 2019
No....the speedo never moves, just reads 1.6 mph at standstill orwhatever speed I'm doing.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If it has external wheel spd sensor check spoke magnet aligns with sensor and gap is <5mm.
Other could be anything causing non reading.
Faulty sensor, damaged wiring/connection, display at fault or even controller fault.

Scotdick

Just Joined
May 26, 2019
Thanks for your reply, there is no wheel speed sensor, other than PAS sensor near the crank, which has been renewed.
Ebikes direct reckon could be LCD display, ECU, wiring or something in the rear wheel. All of those items are simply too costly to replace, given these bikes at the cheaper end of the market have second hand ceiling values.
I was kinda hoping for a cheap fix, maybe something someone else has sorted, with similar problem.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If it uses a an internal hub sensor and this is the problem, then the controller will have the speed sensor wire. For about a tenner or less you can simply add an external sensor and spoke magnet to see if it works. Fix the sensor and magnet in place wire the Black or Gnd wire to any Gnd from the controller, do the same for the Red or +5v and simply connect the signal to the speed sensor wire exiting the controller.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I know it does not get to the bottom of why your display does not show an accurate speed reading, but you could just buy a cheap wireless cycle computer and use that to show you speed and probably quite a few other parameters for under a tenner.

Scotdick

Just Joined
May 26, 2019
Thank you guys for suggestions, I don't have enough electrical know how to 'wire' up connections from the controller to external sensor/spoke magnet. I guess a competent Ebike mechanic should be able to do that though.
I do actually have a wireless cycle computer on my ordinary pushbike which I could transfer.
My thinking is, if I wanted to sell the Ebike, in the future, with a speedo fault, it would detract from regaining the initial cost/repairs I've already done, that's why I'm trying to get ideas to make it work without going past the point of throwing money after bad, so to speak.