Grrrr, no CycleScheme option for Cytronex

bogmonster

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2008
Having agonised over the right bike I decided on a Cytronex. Tried to buy one through CycleScheme and discovered that Cytronex have not signed up to the scheme due to the high administration cost :mad:

This makes me unhappy. Well I could justify the bike on the scheme I cannot justify it at full price. I am trying to see of my company will do the admin but I expect that this is extreamly unlikely as many employees have purchased thier bikes through CycleScheme. I am understand Cytonex's position but it leaves me up a creek without a padle.

I don't think I have found any other bike options I would consider as suitable. The free running low resistance motor and bike like ride of the Cytronex sold me on the concept. There appears to be no direct competition.

So much for cycling to work...

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
You're not the first BM, and wont be the last to not understand that reasoning. As I wanted 2 bikes with the same battery and charging tech, I needed a large frame for me, and a very small frame for my wife, I too thought that the Cytronex would be perfect but met with exactly the same response.

I thought that I could just pay their shortfall, which is 10%, but they felt that to be an unfair practise :confused: (even though if you buy extras that is exactly what you have to do). Fortunately, everyone else seems fine with that approach, they receive £900.00 from Cyclescheme, and you pay the extra £100.00. So this isnt your company being difficult, it is Cytronex themselves.

Frankly I am glad I didnt buy in. If thats the response a potential customer gets when you want to give them money, whats it going to be like when/if there are problems (after all this is still almost a concept bike its that new)?

I am extremely happy with the choices I have since made, and thank providence for that. If I would have bought the Trek then I dont know how good a choice it would have been for me and my weight with panniers.

John

Last edited:

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com
Having agonised over the right bike I decided on a Cytronex. Tried to buy one through CycleScheme and discovered that Cytronex have not signed up to the scheme due to the high administration cost :mad:

This makes me unhappy. Well I could justify the bike on the scheme I cannot justify it at full price. I am trying to see of my company will do the admin but I expect that this is extreamly unlikely as many employees have purchased thier bikes through CycleScheme. I am understand Cytonex's position but it leaves me up a creek without a padle.

I don't think I have found any other bike options I would consider as suitable. The free running low resistance motor and bike like ride of the Cytronex sold me on the concept. There appears to be no direct competition.

So much for cycling to work...
Hi Bogmonster, you don't have to go through Cyclescheme. Please visit The all-new X-byke from Powabyke Electric Bikes - The Electric Bike Innovator for more details. Your company can set the scheme up themselves. Cyclescheme merely take the hassel and admin out of the process for each companies. So you can still purchase your Cytronex!

I hope this helps

Regards

FrankC
Powabyke Ltd

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
Hi Bogmonster, you don't have to go through Cyclescheme. Please visit The all-new X-byke from Powabyke Electric Bikes - The Electric Bike Innovator for more details. Your company can set the scheme up themselves. Cyclescheme merely take the hassel and admin out of the process for each companies. So you can still purchase your Cytronex!

I hope this helps

Regards

FrankC
Powabyke Ltd
Frank,

I think like me, BM's company demand that all applicants for the scheme go through Cyclescheme to make the admin easier.

John

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com
Probably true John, it is an option though if BM really wants a Cytronex though!

FrankC

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
I understand from our company administrator that Cyclescheme give them a web portal to manage all of their applicants through for the whole life of the scheme. Thats why HR depts and the administrators love it, it takes work away from them (admittedly fairly basic work, but small things like this are still an anoyance for bigger companies and corporates).

If BM's company are likeminded with mine, then he/she will not have any choice in the matter, its use Cyclescheme or forget it, full stop!

John

Chris_Bike

Pedelecer
May 20, 2008
Birmingham
I head a small organisation with about 70 employees. We run the cycle to work scheme ourselves. As long as your employer is VAT registered, there is really no excuse not to. I suggest you and other like-minded cyclist give them a hard time about their green credentials.

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
I tried Chris, I went as far as I dared, and the answer for me was a straight, "if you want scheme use Cyclescheme or dont contact me on the matter again". At our place it all outsourced, everything, so often its someone completely new just following a script.

For BIG companies its a no brainer. :(

John

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
Having said that it shouldnt be such a big deal. Why not just let the customer pay the extra that Cyclescheme have taken? There's absolutely nothng underhand about that at all. I think its a very small minded approach by any company that doesnt employ every opportunity to make a sale to an eager customer, and all we are talking about is that this company doesnt want to do the (tiny little bit of extra) admin either.

John

bogmonster

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2008
I have sent an email to HR but I don't expect much. About a dozen people from my office have bought through CycleScheme and I know it took 6 months to get my employer to agree to that.

Don't hold out much hope.....

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
BM I can assure you that the Pro Connect is surprisingly free rolling, and if your anywhere near the Stockport area youre welcome to pop round and go for a spin.

John

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
I have sent an email to HR but I don't expect much. About a dozen people from my office have bought through CycleScheme and I know it took 6 months to get my employer to agree to that.

Don't hold out much hope.....
Good Luck, fingers crossed for you :)

bogmonster

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2008
I really wanted to deprive Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling of some tax throught he scheme, darn.....

bogmonster

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2008
BM I can assure you that the Pro Connect is surprisingly free rolling, and if your anywhere near the Stockport area youre welcome to pop round and go for a spin.

John
Is 50c the only distributor for the Pro Connect in the UK? If so then the bike is not an option for me, I think I would rather walk.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Is 50c the only distributor for the Pro Connect in the UK?
Exactly the same bike is also sold as the Raleigh Dover by Hilderthorpe Cycles, but as with 50cycles, supplies are difficult due to the manufacturer of both models, Derby Cycles, struggling to keep up with demand. The only one you'll see on the Hilderthorpe web page is the Leicester de Luxe (Agattu equivalent), but you could ask them about the Dover model supply situation.

Encantador

Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2008
If thats the response a potential customer gets when you want to give them money, whats it going to be like when/if there are problems (after all this is still almost a concept bike its that new)?

John
At the risk of being accused of being a defensive Cytronex owner again, I don`t understand why you would make a negative connection between the company choosing (for whatever reasons) not to take part in a scheme and the after sales service they provide for their customers.

It`s a bit like suggesting that the local Ford garage may not be very good at after sales because they don`t offer interest free credit.

bogmonster

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2008
At the risk of being accused of being a defensive Cytronex owner again, I don`t understand why you would make a negative connection between the company choosing (for whatever reasons) not to take part in a scheme and the after sales service they provide for their customers.

It`s a bit like suggesting that the local Ford garage may not be very good at after sales because they don`t offer interest free credit.
I agree, I don't blame Cytronex, it is thier business decision, they can sell to who they like and how they like. If demand and fees means the CycleScheme is not good business for them then I respect thier decision.

I'm still grumpy but it is my problem, not thiers. I think they have a great product, just a shame I can't justify it. They were pleasant and apologetic on the phone and I am sure they are a quality supplier.

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
Well maybe its just me then guys, but seeing as they (at Cytronex) can literally snap their fingers and change their minds, whereas I have to change the minds of my whole HR dept (and that other cycle dealers were quite happy at doing that) , I guess I must have incorrectly blamed Cytronex for their PIGHEADNESS!!!

I appologise if I have this wrong :rolleyes:

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
I don't blame Cytronex, it is thier business decision, they can sell to who they like and how they like. If demand and fees means the CycleScheme is not good business for them then I respect thier decision.

I'm still grumpy but it is my problem, not thiers. I think they have a great product, just a shame I can't justify it. They were pleasant and apologetic on the phone and I am sure they are a quality supplier.
All I can say is as I said, I dont understand their business decisions. I am not attacking Cytronex guys, I am just saying exactly what my (and it seems yours BM) experience was, if you dont like it .......... well take it how you wish, but It Is the truth.

BM, you are not the problem here, their decision is, if you think the opposite, well then ... you owe me a fiver :D.

John

Last edited:

Matt

Pedelecer
Apr 11, 2008
Is 50c the only distributor for the Pro Connect in the UK? If so then the bike is not an option for me, I think I would rather walk.
lol ;)

I'm sure as their business grows this will be something they look at but, if it involves a large amount of time and/or expense you can't really blame them when they are just starting out.