Gsmoon maintenance question.

Andy Isaacs

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 27, 2018
Hi all,

I’m giving my motor a clean and re grease. I wondered if it’s possible to remove the shaft and/or the big gear to clean them please? Would anyone happen to know and is it necessary?

Attachments

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you can, we do that every time we regrease the motor but you don't have to.
DO NOT use bolts to push the main gear out. You'll damage the pedal sensor.
Underneath the main gear is the clutch and the pedal sensor.
Be careful with the pedal sensor, it is thin and can break.
To take the main gear out, remove the wing nut in the bottom bracket and use a rubber mallet to tap on the axle.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Hi all,

I’m giving my motor a clean and re grease. I wondered if it’s possible to remove the shaft and/or the big gear to clean them please? Would anyone happen to know and is it necessary?
How many km? I re-greased a few weeks back and the grease was like new after 3000 odd km. I just added some more which made the motor a little quieter for a week or two.

Andy Isaacs

Jul 27, 2018
you can, we do that every time we regrease the motor but you don't have to.
DO NOT use bolts to push the main gear out. You'll damage the pedal sensor.
Underneath the main gear is the clutch and the pedal sensor.
Be careful with the pedal sensor, it is thin and can break.
To take the main gear out, remove the wing nut in the bottom bracket and use a rubber mallet to tap on the axle.
Thank you! I’ll be sure to go slowly, I’ve not managed to find any videos or images on how to do the latter part of your advice so I might give it a miss as I don’t want to end up with an expensive paperweight.

Andy Isaacs

Jul 27, 2018
How many km? I re-greased a few weeks back and the grease was like new after 3000 odd km. I just added some more which made the motor a little quieter for a week or two.
I’ve done about 1500 miles according to my little meter.